Ford finally listening: 2021 Raptor to have GT500 motor

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
The truck in that video sounds exactly like my 2019 Rap. I'll believe it when I see it. At least give buyers the option for a V8 they have sitting on a shelf already in another platform.

blk02edge

Established Member
I just heard GM is coming back with a V12 Hummer.

Yea, just as likely as a predator Raptor

kaz109

Established Member
I heard it gonna be a V12 put in the bed, mid engine truck for better weight distribution to help with the 0-100 and 1/4mi times.....becasue we all know what's what the buyers are concerned about in this segment

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
upload_2020-8-20_23-37-40.png

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Wonder if it will get dual clutch? Probably not due to 4wd system.

stang910

Established Member
I'll believe it when I see it. Got to remember Ford supports Obama fuel regulations and sided with California to go against Trump's fuel economy roll back.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Ok so someone followed a mule around the Southfield freeway and into Fairlane business park which is also home to Roush at the far end.

doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a ford prototype, could be Roush. Or could be doing engine development for another model.

I remember years ago seeing the Ford GT (2005/6 model) engine development was done on a super duty pickup.

just saying this could, or could not, be a raptor prototype.

john11gt

Established Member
For everyone saying it’s not happening, do you think that

A. Ford will refuse to compete toe to toe with Dodge

B. Ford has nothing to compete with Dodge

csc427

Established Member
I heard it gonna be a V12 put in the bed, mid engine truck for better weight distribution to help with the 0-100 and 1/4mi times.....becasue we all know what's what the buyers are concerned about in this segment
Again, I’m willing to bet that the 90% of the raptor sales have nothing to do with fords intended use of off roading. The majority of people don’t have access to trails and desert runs. The area I live in has extremely popular and rough atv trails that nobody is destroying a $70k truck or rubicon on for that matter. It’s a very small percent of people that can enjoy Moab or rock trails. Much like the vast majority of gt350r and Gt3rs owners have never even been to a race track.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Again, I’m willing to bet that the 90% of the raptor sales have nothing to do with fords intended use of off roading. The majority of people don’t have access to trails and desert runs. The area I live in has extremely popular and rough atv trails that nobody is destroying a $70k truck or rubicon on for that matter. It’s a very small percent of people that can enjoy Moab or rock trails. Much like the vast majority of gt350r and Gt3rs owners have never even been to a race track.

Or the vast majority of 600+ hp factory muscle cars that have never been to a drag strip.

csc427

Established Member
Or the vast majority of 600+ hp factory muscle cars that have never been to a drag strip.

Absolutely agree. It’s a select few that ever use these vehicles as designed. Myself included. But I enjoy the hell out of them the way I use them for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread