Ford GT makes 647 HP/550 TQ, weighs 3054 lbs, has top of 216

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I hope. Not exactly a "world beater". Thought it would weigh less and have more power....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voltwings

Established Member
I hope. Not exactly a "world beater". Thought it would weigh less and have more power....

It beat the Mclaren 675 LT by 1 full second, and the Ferrari 458 speciale by 3... are you more concerned with bench racing weights and power numbers or actually racing? 3 seconds is a curb stomping on a ~2:00 min track.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Amazing. I can't imagine how strong these cars pull.

I love doing pulls in my dad's 06 FGT. While it has a couple hundred less horsepower than my ACR, the sensation of the engine pushing you instead of pulling, gives me a hard on.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks killer in white. Now, would it be safe to assume at this point, that the Viper ACR beats this thing?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks killer in white. Now, would it be safe to assume at this point, that the Viper ACR beats this thing?

I haven't seen comparative times...but yes, I would bet the Gen V ACR beats it.

EDIT: Even after just driving my Gen IV ACR...I'm a big fan. I've driven the Gen V GTS and TA..can't imagine the Gen V ACR. That's next on my list if I can quit buying firearms.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I believe DBK mentioned that he doesn't expect the new FGT to be faster than on a track than the ACR.

Honestly, the ACR still impresses me far more than the FGT considering the amount of tech the ACR has. But honestly, who cares what it can do on some track driven by a pro driver. What matters is your time and what you can extract from both cars.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
It beat the Mclaren 675 LT by 1 full second, and the Ferrari 458 speciale by 3... are you more concerned with bench racing weights and power numbers or actually racing? 3 seconds is a curb stomping on a ~2:00 min track.

Thought it was to take on the top tier of hyper cars(hence "world beater"). For this level I understand how amazing it is at 3 seconds lap difference just didn't expect it at a 100,000 price difference from its competitors. I hope Ford did it right and made the tune conservative. 700+hp tuned GT's would be amazing to see.

Also, anyone notice the performance numbers are the very close to the XJ220?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Doubt anyone starts messing with the car mod-wise. Cant wait for actual testing to begin.

As mentioned, turbo probably makes that thing feel incredible. To me, turbos are a lot more fun that superchargers.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
15.3 quart oil capacity.

Just a tad higher than the usual 3.5 capacity of 6 quarts lol.

Haven't found the tech specs for the Raptor yet

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
the weight shown in the OP is the "dry weight" with no fuel, coolant, oil...etc. The actual real world curb weight is 3,266lbs. That's pretty light considering all the tech the car has but a far cry from having the "best power to weight of any production car" as was previously stated by ford.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Truth! Home run for Ford. I'm not a huge fan of the new GT overall (I prefer the previous gen), but you can't argue with how impressive it is overall. It is nothing short of amazing IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread