Ford Just Posted this 2020 GT500 picture...

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
This brings us to the question... what is the new GT500 going to cost?
A new Hellcat red eye (797hp)wide body costs about 80k. Regular body 73k
A regular Hellcat (717hp) widebody is around 72k.
Standard Hellcat is 66k
Camaro ZL1 (650hp) is 63k but with discounts can be 5-8k off. 1LE is 72k.. again discounts are out there 6-9k off
Shelby GT350 starts at 59k with the R about 10k more on the siticker (found some marked up at 100k+)

So are we talking 70k base msrp plus options?
Or 80k plus options?
What are you guys thinking?
Will they sell with adm of 10-20k on top?

On a Red Eye, typical options can push the sticker easily north of 90k. While I like the car it's hard to see 90k worth of value considering the competition at that price point. I hope manufactures come back to earth soon as it really pushes the sanity of an American muscle/pony car purchase for anyone not named Treynor. IMO anyway.

ChallengerRedeyeConfig_zpsynepdspg.jpg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Honestly if I was in the market for a fun powerful American coupe, imo the Camaro is the way to go.
ZL1 weighs 3800-3940lbs with 650hp... the 1LE for the track or the a10 for the drags. Plus dealers knocking off 7-9k off msrp locally ( for a 19) make it sub 56-62k. I know some of you guys are brand loyal to Ford, but imo the Camaro ZL1 is the performance car buy of decade.

Now when the GT500 comes out with 778hp and 4K weight with a 7-speed dsg for 70k I will change my tune.......lol

Last edited:

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Camaro may be a good buy.....but you’re stuck driving a Camaro :)
-J

I've rented Camaro's and at my height (6'2") it's way too tight inside. My friend has a Grand Sport Corvette and it feels roomier. And considering the deal he got on his GS it would easily be my choice over the Camaro ZL1. Obviously you give up the extra power but there is actually is very little difference in 0-60 and 1/4 times recorded.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Honestly if I was in the market for a fun powerful American coupe, imo the Camaro is the way to go.
ZL1 weighs 3800-3940lbs with 650hp... the 1LE for the track or the a10 for the drags. Plus dealers knocking off 7-9k off msrp locally ( for a 19) make it sub 56-62k. I know some of you guys are brand loyal to Ford, but imo the Camaro ZL1 is the performance car buy of decade.

Now when the GT500 comes out with 778hp and 4K weight with a 7-speed dsg for 70k I will change my tune.......lol
I still see the c6z for mid 20’s being buy of the decade, but hey what do I know...

bigdave03svt

Established Member
I don't see the 500 coming in for less than 80k MSRP and if it does I'll be surprised. The C7Z base is 84k, so at that price point it would be an easy decision on what car to buy. If Ford plans to build a bunch then I could see a lower price point

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah they're out there, but there's a reason they're so cheap. Like I said..super high miles, trashed, been wrecked, etc. Its like finding an 03-04 Cobra for 12 grand, you most likely don't want it.
I agree.
No thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread