Ford Motorsport Headers?

cj428mach

Established Member
@cj428mach - I have a full Griggs front end, do you think I would still need to do any clearing there? There's def a TON of room to work. The car has Bassani mids with cats (not needed here, but the car was formerly from California) and I wouldn't mind it staying "quiet" as opposed to open (getting old, I know)

You might not have to do any mods then. I spoke to another guy with jba mids and he said he didn't need to clearance the pipe with an aftermarket k member.

One of the pass side primaries rested on my stock kmember. The guy i spoke to originally had a stock kmember with the jba mids first and he said he let his primary lay on the kmember. I didn't want vibration so it took about 3 taps with a hammer to get clearance.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Excellent advice. Ok, I'll figure out what my next step is and do it. Lord, exhaust prices have gone up a lot since last time I was in the game....

cj428mach

Established Member
Excellent advice. Ok, I'll figure out what my next step is and do it. Lord, exhaust prices have gone up a lot since last time I was in the game....
Yes they have.

I spent sometime researching my options because the money and the install are big deals. I went with the JBA mids because they gave me ground clearance while improving flow. I like that my headers/mid pipe combo actually tucks up under the car more than my stock manifold aftermarket mid pipe setup.

I'm also a firm believer in stainless steel exhaust components so that was an added bonus. The only other option I felt there was, is the Bassani Mids and their slip coupler on the primaries and regular mild steel ruled them out.

Best of luck on your decision. Oh and FYI there are a lot of better ways to spend money on Terminator than headers but I was running out of power adding mods on my car.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Yes they have.

I spent sometime researching my options because the money and the install are big deals. I went with the JBA mids because they gave me ground clearance while improving flow. I like that my headers/mid pipe combo actually tucks up under the car more than my stock manifold aftermarket mid pipe setup.

I'm also a firm believer in stainless steel exhaust components so that was an added bonus. The only other option I felt there was, is the Bassani Mids and their slip coupler on the primaries and regular mild steel ruled them out.

Best of luck on your decision. Oh and FYI there are a lot of better ways to spend money on Terminator than headers but I was running out of power adding mods on my car.

Yeah, I'm where I want to be on this car, in regards to power. Just dyno'd 606rwhp and I have a full griggs suspension. So now I'm going to pick at little things and see if they're worth doing. Things such as some cosmetics, etc....brakes, etc....

52merc

Established Member
Found a 2007 FRPP Catalogue and this is what it shows:
upload_2018-9-20_12-6-32.png

Notice it says doesn't fit 2003 and up.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-20_12-4-58.png
    upload_2018-9-20_12-4-58.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 187

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Ok fellas, did some digging. Everything I’m looking at in regards to headers shows 99-04 Cobra headers and nothing shows me 03-04 specific. They all seem to have the oval ports. So I’m debating about switching the complete exhaust setup. Right now I have these Ford Performance headers with catted Bassani x-pipe and Bassani full exhaust. It drones. Badly. And I’m not a 20 something year old kid in a fox body anymore. So I’m leaning toward a Steeda cat back, but what about the headers to mid-pipe? I’ve been reading threads that some people have posted and it looks like the Mac LT’s still allow access to removing the T56 without removing the header. (Have a full Griggs setup, so I don’t think I’ll have to drop a K-member or anything, tons of room). Will the LT’s be louder? That’s not what I want. I know the Terminator FAQ site has stock manifolds jet-coated....that’s another option. What say ye all?

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
You might not have to do any mods then. I spoke to another guy with jba mids and he said he didn't need to clearance the pipe with an aftermarket k member.

One of the pass side primaries rested on my stock kmember. The guy i spoke to originally had a stock kmember with the jba mids first and he said he let his primary lay on the kmember. I didn't want vibration so it took about 3 taps with a hammer to get clearance.

Revisiting this: How much power, if any, do you think you've left on the table with mids versus LT's?

Users who are viewing this thread