Ford Mustang beats Chevy Camaro in May

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll take 1 unit credit for this.

Admittedly, yes the Camaro has been selling better which is GREAT for GM corporate. *Applauds*

Now, once again, we'll take the monthly thunder.

AND YES> I AM BEATING MY CHEST BECAUSE I HELPED IT ALONG!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
cause ford = finely optioned racey drivers as of late.

Where as Chevy has kinda just become a casual heavy emotionless vehicle...ya.

The camaro needs some steam and tech bits now that ford is building such sensational products. Here's hoping the redesigns bring it up to bat with the current mustang offerings. If that happens I bet ford will keep putting out incredible advancements to stay ahead

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I personally believe that the 2013 model offers enough changes to draw would-be buyers away from the Camaro. I mean, just look at the photo in this article. And although I wouldn't probably choose I Gotta Have It Green, you have to admit that it's a color that makes the new Mustang pop! Oh, and the latest Mustang commercial might have a bit to do with it, too. Ford's marketing has been excellent. GM's very lacking. JMO.

usmc320

Established Member
Uh oh. Now what do the Camaro5 boys have to hold onto?

Maybe outselling the Mustang in 2010, 2011, and 3 out of 5 months this year according to the article. Not exactly a solid win for the Mustang IMO.

I don't like the new Camaro or the Mustang, so I don't really care either way.

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
Good news for ford. But IMO the '13 looks worse than the '10. It's so hard to tell a v6 from Gt now it's rediculous. And I'm not just saying this bc I own an '11. The new front end just blows, but who cares what I think, sales numbers prove otherwise. I personally believe it has everything to do w marketing at this point. The new stang commercial is just plain cool and the hype surrounding the '13 gt500 has helped tremendously IMO. I believe if ford did more national advertising on the new 5.0 for the '11 model year that's the stang would have matched camaro sales numbers in '11 and '12. The casual observer still doesn't realize what's under the hood.

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
Well I have a 2013 GHIG GT that will be arriving in a few weeks. I guess my buy will help towards the June sales win over Camaro

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I heard Oscar Meyer is converting a Camaro into a wienermobile in honor of those who bought one.
Not sure if it's true, might just be a rumor.

Ironhand

Banned
I believe the Camaro only outsold the Mustang those years because GM didnt have the Camaro for how long?

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
They are happy they don't have that terrible green as an option. I puked a little when i saw it.

ummm, the camaro green color is worse than the Gotta Have It Green

Its not offered on the new ones *according to their site* because green = :xpl:

The green they had was better atleast, since it was darker.

synergy green with the black hood stripes is better than ghig. Hell the new mustang looks like shit. the 99-04 looks better and so does the 05-09 than the 11+

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
synergy green with the black hood stripes is better than ghig. Hell the new mustang looks like shit. the 99-04 looks better and so does the 05-09 than the 11+

I have quite the affection for my insanely built up 03 and I would never go that far.

To me the 05-09's are too plain and boxy while being oddly large. Nice cars but I like my 03 better.

That said the new 11+'s and especially the 13 really instill the gotta have it factor in me. I've considered trading my car on one (though obviously never will).

The 05 never did that for me. I could just be crazy so my opinion obviously is as conditional/abstract as yours.

Users who are viewing this thread