Ford Nomenclature

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Ford F150, Explorers(and may be other vehicles) have the following trim levels from base trim to the high end ( luxury):
base...no symbols
XLT
Limited
Platinum

On F150, there have been additional STX , Harley Davidson, King Ranch, etc. The Explorer has or had Eddie Bauer, Sport and the ST replacing the Sport.

The top of the line seemed to be the Platinum while Limited was mid range. Other manufacturer use platinum as their top model.

For 2021, it looks like the F150 uses Limited is the top trim with Platinum below that?? That seems to be confusing on the trim levels now or did I miss something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ford F150, Explorers(and may be other vehicles) have the following trim levels from base trim to the high end ( luxury):
base...no symbols
XLT
Limited
Platinum

On F150, there have been additional STX , Harley Davidson, King Ranch, etc. The Explorer has or had Eddie Bauer, Sport and the ST replacing the Sport.

The top of the line seemed to be the Platinum while Limited was mid range. Other manufacturer use platinum as their top model.

For 2021, it looks like the F150 uses Limited is the top trim with Platinum below that?? That seems to be confusing on the trim levels now or did I miss something?

Limited has been above Platinum on the F150 since 13 I believe. The Limited essentially replaced the Lincoln Mark LT. I believe Limited trim came before Platinum. If you’re buying new Platinum seems like a better bargin and can tow more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Limited has been above Platinum on the F150 since 13 I believe. The Limited essentially replaced the Lincoln Mark LT. I believe Limited trim came before Platinum. If you’re buying new Platinum seems like a better bargin and can tow more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew Limited was out before Platinum and at one time Platinum was tops in trucks. I thought the main trim levels were consistent across SUV and the trucks except the additional specialty ( ST, King Ranch, etc.) each model carries. So SUV’s top level is Platinum and mid level is Limited. On trucks, the top trim level is Limited placed right above Platinum. Maybe using a simpler method of consistent trim levels like Level 1 through Level 7 would be better. I forgot, some Crossovers have Titanium level.

Users who are viewing this thread