Ford Performance active exhaust

D Bergstrom

Established Member
Anyone have any info on this system?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5200-M8

Tried searching and couldn't find anything, could only find some info about the Roush active exhaust. To me, the theory behind this sounds perfect. I would prefer a quiet exhaust for trips and commuting, but would love something louder on occasion. Just wondering if anyone has one of these systems and what they think about it.

Thanks,

Doug

DarkMach1

Established Member
Its a GT350 setup. Im sure it sounds nice but theres no way in hell im paying 2800 for an exhaust. Im bought my GT350 valance used for 500 bucks, put it on and had custom magnaflow axlebacks put in for another 400. Thats only because the large GT500 mufflers I had wouldnt fit.

D Bergstrom

Established Member
Thanks for the link to the AWE exhaust. looks like it will do exactly what I want and ALOT cheaper then the one I was looking at or Roush's option. Think that will be what i go with when I am ready.

Thanks again,

Doug

Cdshivers

Its a GT350 setup. Im sure it sounds nice but theres no way in hell im paying 2800 for an exhaust. Im bought my GT350 valance used for 500 bucks, put it on and had custom magnaflow axlebacks put in for another 400. Thats only because the large GT500 mufflers I had wouldnt fit.

Do you know if this is the actual gt350 exhaust? Many performance parts from the gt350 will fit the 5.0, was wondering if this is the same? Granted the sound wouldn't be identical considering the engines, but holy cow the stick gt350 exhaust sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DarkMach1

Established Member
Do you know if this is the actual gt350 exhaust? Many performance parts from the gt350 will fit the 5.0, was wondering if this is the same? Granted the sound wouldn't be identical considering the engines, but holy cow the stick gt350 exhaust sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Not sure if it's exact one off of a 350 but fairly similar

D Bergstrom

Established Member
Figure I would update this for future reference. So I picked up a 2017 GT back in August of last year, been going back and forth on an exhaust for months, finally said screw it, paid the money and bought the Ford Performance by Borla active exhaust (Linked in my original post) and installed it a few weeks ago.

I ended up also buying the resonator Borla sells for their mustang kits and it fit right in place of the included x-pipe, no modifications needed at all. With the valves closed and resonator in place, the exhaust was actually quieter then stock, then with the valves open, it was quite a bit louder than stock with a nice deep tone, but I would have liked it to be louder in open mode.

This last weekend I swapped out the resonator and installed the x-pipe. Now with the valves closed, it was louder then stock, and the valves open, wow is it loud! it is pretty much exactly what I wanted. It really only gets loud when you are on the gas. I went out on the highway and at 70 mph and the valves open, it really wasn't much louder then with the valves closed at 70 mph, but put you foot in it, that is where there is a difference. My only real complaint is with the x pipe, the exhaust gets a little raspy and pops and gurgles on deceleration at times. I really did like the deep tone with the resonator, just wish it had more volume. In the end, the x-pipe is going to stay, as I would rather have the volume. At least for now, as I do see myself someday eventually going back to the resonator.

Overall, I am very happy with the exhaust. Yes, it was expensive, (I did pay quite a bit less then retail though.) but for me it was worth if as it what I wanted, quiet at times, but loud when I want.

Doug

Last edited:

D Bergstrom

Established Member

This is not the actual GT350 production exhaust, this one is made by Borla for Ford Performance.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread