Ford Performance Calibration Pack 1 Install Issues

SLO-SVT

Established Member
So last week I went by a local dealer to have the Ford tune installed from the power pack 1 I purchased and was told I would need to leave the car at the dealer for a day which I really didn’t understand based on my previous experiences loading tunes etc. but I decided to just go with it because I already spent the initial $ for the pack. That was last Thursday and as of right now I still don’t have my car back. The tune will not load for some reason so procal asked that the files be sent back to them so they can review etc and see if they are corrupt. This has been a big PIA and at this point I really wish I had stuck with my original plan and gone with an aftermarket tune. Has anyone successfully installed one of these tunes yet? I’m just wondering if there is a larger issue with the power pack or if I’m just lucky.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I'll go aftermarket, because I don't expect any warranty to be worth anything when the car is modified. I may still buy the supercharger or intake package from an FRPP dealer, but I'm not going to get a dealer to install anything or apply any tunes. Most service shops screw up too much to trust them with something like following directions. Sorry to any ford service folks out there, but I've had too many interactions with service shops that were disappointments.

Venumous

Established Member
You don't even get a physical electronic tuner with this package correct?

If I were you, and decided to go with an aftermarket tune/r, I would go Lund and NGauge. The SCT tuner is such an outdated, slow, awkward............

SLO-SVT

Established Member
You don't even get a physical electronic tuner with this package correct?

If I were you, and decided to go with an aftermarket tune/r, I would go Lund and NGauge. The SCT tuner is such an outdated, slow, awkward............

That's correct.

SLO-SVT

Established Member
So just an update I called Ford Racing directly to get some answers and they claim the issue is with the laptop/platform the dealer is using. Tech guy said he didn't understand why my car has been at the dealer for over a week and said I should've picked it up and drove it with the stock tune. I explained that when we started the car up it had CEL and I wasn't taking the car like that because that's not how it was when I dropped it off.

Last edited:

SLO-SVT

Established Member
After the dealer replaced the laptop they were using they got the tune loaded. After driving the car for 2 weeks and feeling no difference driving around I decided to take it to the track to see what the numbers were after the tune.

Previous best:

12.68@112 with 2.0 60ft

After tune:

[email protected] with 1.9 60ft

The weather this past Friday was around 10 degrees cooler than when I ran the .68 so between better weather and slightly improved 60ft I'm saying I gained nothing at all from the tune. SMH

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
After the dealer replaced the laptop they were using they got the tune loaded. After driving the car for 2 weeks and feeling no difference driving around I decided to take it to the track to see what the numbers were after the tune.

Previous best:

12.68@112 with 2.0 60ft

After tune:

[email protected] with 1.9 60ft

The weather this past Friday was around 10 degrees cooler than when I ran the .68 so between better weather and slightly improved 60ft I'm saying I gained nothing at all from the tune. SMH

What octane fuel are you running? IMO, there should be an obvious difference between the two because I believe the ProCal reduces torque management on the low-end which you should notice. If my '02 Explorer 4.6 can gain a half second in the 1/4 with a tune only, you should be able too as well.

SLO-SVT

Established Member
What octane fuel are you running? IMO, there should be an obvious difference between the two because I believe the ProCal reduces torque management on the low-end which you should notice. If my '02 Explorer 4.6 can gain a half second in the 1/4 with a tune only, you should be able too as well.

I've only run 93 octane since day one.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Wow that sucks especially for what you are paying for this. I wonder if the tune is even installed.

This is def pushing me to the aftermarket if they can't get this stuff fixed though I don't plan to mod until my warranty is about done so it won't matter from the standpoint regardless.

SLO-SVT

Established Member
Wow that sucks especially for what you are paying for this. I wonder if the tune is even installed.

This is def pushing me to the aftermarket if they can't get this stuff fixed though I don't plan to mod until my warranty is about done so it won't matter from the standpoint regardless.

So after a long talk with ford racing tech we came to the conclusion that the tune is loaded just based on the fact that I watched the car shift right at 7200rpm at the track. Honestly part of me was hoping the install had simply failed and I'd be able to reinstall. Tech guy said they want me to be happy with it so I'll be sending an email to them spelling out all the details again with times etc. so they car review things. We'll see what happens...

BADBOSS

Established Member
Any updates? I bought the Power Pack 2 for my wife's 2015 GT convertible and Ford still can't get it running correctly. I keep getting a P0111 code and it stalls occasionally. When I switch it back to stock it's fine. I am very disappointed in the lack of service and willingness to help from Ford on this.

Users who are viewing this thread