Ford sees $3 billion pretax loss in its EV business this year

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
So my restless brain last night conjured up a theory. Self generating Hydrogen Sulfide fuel system as a part of the vehicle. It utilizes a hybrid bacteria and generation is intensified through regulated exhaust heat. Plausible? I have no idea......It was a dream last night. It made me billions.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
No one wants this garbage. Looking forward to seeing the big 3 reverse coarse in the next 5 years or go bankrupt. People don't understand we have had electric cars since the beginning of cars and capitalism has spoken for what the people want. Im not sure how the CEO's have missed this?
Hoping they go bankrupt! F em, jumping on the EV bandwagon against all common sense(technology, supply and demand) I think they deserve the pain.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know why we pay taxes. If the Government can print money to give to Ukraine and to ****** activists, why do they need our tax money? Just print it.
If you earn $100 and the Government takes 35% in taxes, then you take your $65 and buy gas for the car/truck and 45% of the gas price is taxes, you ended up with about $29 that was not sent to the Government in taxes...
No wonder the system is collapsing.

Last edited:

Mackie

Established Member
Never thought I would own a turbo 6 F150 but now I’ve owned 2. Wouldn’t go back to a V8, even after 3 cam phaser replacements (yep, TWICE in my 2018). 170K miles between the 2, best tow vehicle I’ve owned.

4 things before I bought a gen 2 or 3 Lightning:

1. 10% to 80% charge in less than 10 minutes
2. 400 mile range
3. Improved cold climate performance (25% reduction, not 50%)
4. Reduced battery pack weight, preferably solid state.

I love the reduced complexity of an EV powertrain plus direct drive.

Kornilov

Established Member
Nah. Not really. Assuming the government intervention continues, the future is ride share and public transportation when it all shakes out. A private EV will be priced out for the majority of the public for numerous reasons. You replacing your ICE vehicle with an EV is extremely short term and short lived.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

100% correct. EVs are marxist tools to force the populace to give up individual transportation.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Never thought I would own a turbo 6 F150 but now I’ve owned 2. Wouldn’t go back to a V8, even after 3 cam phaser replacements (yep, TWICE in my 2018). 170K miles between the 2, best tow vehicle I’ve owned.

4 things before I bought a gen 2 or 3 Lightning:

1. 10% to 80% charge in less than 10 minutes
2. 400 mile range
3. Improved cold climate performance (25% reduction, not 50%)
4. Reduced battery pack weight, preferably solid state.

I love the reduced complexity of an EV powertrain plus direct drive.
Nothing reduced in complexity - actually quite the opposite. Imagine buying a new engine and transmission after 8 years and then also paying a dealership to do this - that is the reality of EV. Make sure you have 20-30k for battery replacement every 8-10 years. Also electric motors and components fail in that time frame as well.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I read an article that said any electric vehicle that gets in even a minor accident has to have the battery totaled which ends up totaling the car. Insurance companies don't want to take a risk that the battery could be damaged in some way and fail / start a fire. They said if this trend continues insurance rates will be unaffordable for electric cars.

More people have died in New York City from electric bike fires than any other source. A lot of apartment buildings are now prohibiting them being stored or charged inside.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I read an article that said any electric vehicle that gets in even a minor accident has to have the battery totaled which ends up totaling the car. Insurance companies don't want to take a risk that the battery could be damaged in some way and fail / start a fire. They said if this trend continues insurance rates will be unaffordable for electric cars.

I'm sorry but that is a fearmongering hit piece blatant lie of anti-EV propaganda.

Plenty of EV's have gotten into accidents and been repaired.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry but that is a fearmongering hit piece blatant lie of anti-EV propaganda.

Did you read the article?

I believe it was an example of one insurer having this policy where they would not allow repair.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

I think he mis-read the article.

If there is visible damage to the battery, they have no way of knowing if it is damaged internally. So companies have been either replacing entire batteries or totaling the car.

The model Y is a particularly bad example of this because it's not designed to be replaced.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've said it before, I wouldnt mind having an EV as a basically maintenance free DD (I wouldn't keep that bitch past the warranty) but I'd still have an ICE truck and toy in the garage.

Mackie

Established Member
I noticed Ford stock is $11.45/share.
Ford stock was $11.45 on 12-3-1993.
So if 30 years of ICE cars, trucks and SUVs didn’t move the stock, let’s see what happens with EV.
Early Ford EV hype did take the stock to $25 briefly, let’s see if it retraces as Ford EV growth shows up in their new financial report out format over the next several years (Ford Blue, Ford Model e, Ford Pro).

Users who are viewing this thread