Ford Service Tech Abuses Mustang - CAUGHT ON TAPE

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Didnt this happen a while back when some tech came to the shop outside of hours of operation and took a BMW for a joyride and crashed it?

Not sure about a BMW but there was a zl1 that had the same fate as what you just described.

Spudz

Established Member
Both are true. I believe the BMW incident happened at a local dealership around here.

I've been wavering on the issue of getting a dash cam for a while now. This is one more good reason to have one. I just wish there was a good surefire one that you could buy. It's a Chinese and Russian dominated market at this point.

Edit: http://jalopnik.com/5628903/bmw-dealer-crashes-m5-tries-screwing-owner-out-of-27k

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
^ That was crazy read. I never bring my cars to dealerships, and if it goes to shop I wait until the repair is done while im waiting. I do not care if its 6hr job im staying there. These days people only care about the now, and not about the consequences.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I realize there are good dealerships out there like some of you guys have described. But I haven't been to one. My local ford dealership charged me $75 to just look at my odometer and figure out why it stopped working. Said the entire gauge cluster was shot and would need replaced by a used one for $400 that they wouldn't warranty because it was used. I said nope and a month later I read about the odometer gear being a problem so I bought a new one for $40 and replaced it myself and never had a problem since then.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Reminds me of the same situation with a Terminator back in 2002, except he was putting the car through its paces rather than abusing it.

lpheaven

Established Member
That sucks for the guy - i hope he gets some justice. I happen to be one of the lucky few with dealership techs. Only one tech is allowed to work on my BOSS, that includes driving into and out of the bay. Lets me hang out while any work gets done which is only oil or a twice a year lookover, tighten all nutznbolts etc. I bring doughnuts n coffee and he does all the work for the FR500s that come through. Awesome guy whos been a mustang enthusiast for 35+ years. Joe at Freehold Ford in NJ

Smurf stang

Established Member
Besides the blatant abuse the owner was told to pick up the car and that they replace and retorqued the cams, coils, and injectors. So they are going to bill Ford for work that was never done.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
How many of you remember when Race Rat had her Sonic Blue Terminator taken out for a high speed joyride by a Ford dealership employee... who then bragged about it on the internet. He got raped and lost his job...

U.M.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Very very sickening to say the least, seems like that is the norm for that area (home town). Back in the day when i had my z06, i developed a heater core leak. I took it in to Plantation Ford and when i got the car back the interior was damaged and dirty, AC vents werent working, car had oil smeared all over it on the paint and most importantly the car was misfiring and had major drivability issues. I almost got into a fist fight with the service manager, after cooling off, i ended up getting compensated for the issues but it was a painful ordeal.

To me the car was never the same.....

Coiled03

Established Member
The dealer threatened to sue over the video? Sue for what?

I mean, that's like an intruder sueing a homeowner for getting injured. I know that's happened, but it doesn't make it any less stupid.

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
The dealer threatened to sue over the video? Sue for what?

I mean, that's like an intruder sueing a homeowner for getting injured. I know that's happened, but it doesn't make it any less stupid.

Florida is dual party consent State in regards to audio apparentley.

My94GT

Established Member
id rather hear what you think is a fair compensation...maybe a free Ford Key Ring or Free pretzel in the dealership cafeteria?

its hard to say, honestly id be super pissed but i also am not that paranoid where i put cameras in my car and record stuff like that. lets just say i did perhaps do something like this and caught the guys tooling around, id expect some sort of free service in the future or a new car at dealer cost. outside of that i dont really know what else to expect. then again there would be a lot to take into consideration, did i just buy the car, how many miles are on it, ect. until im in that situation its hard to say.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Folks the video was this guy driving the car at like 40-45mph in first gear for a while. The car is just screaming, begging for the next gear but he would continue to drive the car in first gear. He was saying he was trying to either blow the motor or fix the issue by doing that. That is it. Nothing else.

What a Prick.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
How many of you remember when Race Rat had her Sonic Blue Terminator taken out for a high speed joyride by a Ford dealership employee... who then bragged about it on the internet. He got raped and lost his job...

U.M.

That is what I was talking about in my post above.

clean92lx

Established Member
A dealer will never touch my car.

I wish I could say the same, I really do. But if something needs to be fixed and it's covered under warranty I don't see any way around it besides paying out of pocket myself. My car is going in for a minor tsb on Monday for the vent cap on the axle and this thread has me nervous and trying to think of a way to make sure my car doesn't get abused.

Users who are viewing this thread