Ford Sucks...Prove Me Wrong

03CobraFreak

Established Member
Originally posted by Sn8k Charmer
UPDATE

Just got a call from the Lincoln Dealer. He said the Regional Rep is trying to make things right, and they really do want me out of my exisiting Cobra, as it is apparently having problems that others are not. So that puts me off edge. I hope we can make a mutually beneficial arrangement. If we can come to an arrangement I will retract what I said about "Ford sucks". I can tell you this much, with just the simple call the Lincoln dealer made, he is earning my trust.

Cool - please keep us posted... :beer:

mplankfordv

Established Member
the avaitor has the same motor less the blower. its still a ford, you can go over the reginal reps head. i did once and it worked for me. my tranny blew up in my 99 cobra taking the clutch with it at like 9k miles. the reginal rep said they would cover the tranny but not the clutch. talk about a shit crock.

get a 4runner or something

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Well I believe we (Ford and I) have come to an agreement on an 2003 Lincoln LS V-8 premium w/ Nav and the THX audio. Yes I am paying more for it than the Cobra, but they, the dealer (Tom at Landmark Lincoln) and the Regional Rep have done a good job reeling me back into Ford. So YES I AM WRONG...based on the situation Ford doesn't suck...they proved me wrong.

I guess I will miss the Cobra, but luckily I didn't have it long. But, I still have the Viper.

Thanks to everyone on this site for sharing feedback and information. I hope this post helps others in the future. Ford hasn't completely won me back...we still need to see how the Lincoln LS performs in the Long term.

Thanks again

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
glad to see you came to a resolution and hope the LS works out for ya :thumbsup:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Very good to see it all worked out in the end. I hope the Ls is trouble free and you enjoy it .

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
It certainly won't be a kicker like the Cobra...but it should more than serve the purposes of daily driver status. Plus it actually handles pretty well.

El Culebra

Established Member
Originally posted by Killer Cobra
Lemon it. You have all you need now. Just do the work and get yourself a new one. We all know there is something wrong with it. I'm in south florida and I drive like a wild snake with the top down and the AC one max!! There's something wrong with your cooling system.

Try another dealership

please take the advice lemon it. Don't feel too bad it has happend to Vipers, Porches, and BMWs.

Lemon it.

Daryl B

Established Member
Sn8k Charmer

I am experienceing simlilar problems with my Cobra. My car has not shut down yet but it has: blown radiator fluid out the cap, Temp gauge has been pegged several times, Air conditioning keeps cutting out. I was going to take it in this week. Did you ever find anyone who said they could fix it? I usually use Omeara, do you know if anyone else here has tried them? I will PM you with my phone number, give me call if you can so I can get an idea of what I am in for.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Daryl B
Sn8k Charmer

I am experienceing simlilar problems with my Cobra. My car has not shut down yet but it has: blown radiator fluid out the cap, Temp gauge has been pegged several times, Air conditioning keeps cutting out. I was going to take it in this week. Did you ever find anyone who said they could fix it? I usually use Omeara, do you know if anyone else here has tried them? I will PM you with my phone number, give me call if you can so I can get an idea of what I am in for.

Daryl B, I think you will have problems with the dealers here in Colo. (IMO they all suck) with your mods.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great resolution. Both parties seem to be happy and, like you said, you still have your Viper. Good luck with the Lincoln.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread