Ford to Reveal All-Electric F-150 Lightning May 19 with Livestreamed Event at Ford HQ

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
This one goes to 11.
u6wkT4y.gif

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Most HP and TQ of any f-150 in history...”BuT ItS NoT a ReAL LiGhTnINg.”

Better embrace it gents. EVs are the future and this is a base platform for a legitimate EV truck. Not a legitimate EV Ford truck...all EV trucks. And unlike the Rivian or cyber truck a normal, middle class guy can afford it.

These will sell. And then five years after the proof of principle, Ford could introduce a legitimate hot rod EV truck.

I think it’s great but I won’t be replacing my 650whp truck for one in the near future.

Hope people are ready to embrace not driving when their power grid can't keep up with current demands, let alone even 10% of cars on the road today trickle charging all the time.

EV are a bait n switch for the elite to rid us of personal transportation.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Reynolds wrap is pretty cheap if you need additional protection from 5G.

Cobalt and lithium are very much finite resources. Not to mention the mining and recycling elephants in the room. (not even counting the grid issues)

It's not all that far fetched that an obvious solution is to limit personal transportation and replace it with public transportation and ride sharing services.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Cobalt and lithium are very much finite resources. Not to mention the mining and recycling elephants in the room. (not even counting the grid issues)

It's not all that far fetched that an obvious solution is to limit personal transportation and replace it with public transportation and ride sharing services.

What Country do you live? That sounds like it might be an inconvenience. Not to mention CoVid? You trying to kill me?!

Seriously though depends where you are. Public transportation in the city is pretty damn good. In the suburbs though public trans would change my 30 minute round trip commute to almost a hour each way and I work next to the end of the railroad and the airport. I guess if anyone used it they'd step their game up.

Electric cars a perfect. Makes people feel good without really putting any effort in.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Very few things on this earth are infinite compared to how full of hot air Bruno is. I don't argue that your finite argument really. You are correct.

As the population grows, the cost of infrastructure to have roads with the volume to handle 400+ million people is a valid counter argument to personal transportation for all. Public/private mass transportation has it's benefits to shoveling people into big cities, getting them out, and getting inner-city folk around without the need for them to own, maintain, and store a car in an already crowded area.

NYC has a population density of 27k people per square mile. I haven't done the math but I doubt you could feasibly store enough vehicles for 1 out of 4 of them in that same square mile.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
NYC is approximately 302.6 sq mi per google.
America is 3,797,000 square miles per google.

Its been a long day but this equation is barely 0.008% that have this problem. Add in the other cities of similar (even though none are even comparable in density to NYC) and thats not even 0.05% of the area.

Not sure why we're going to subject the people that live in 99.95% of the country to lesser transportation conditions because of the 0.05%. But then again, lately the needs/wants of the few have outweighed that of the many. And it is lesser, public trans is disgusting and terrible and nobody wants to do it. Id rather sit in my car in traffic and find parking for 2hrs than public transit for 20min.

Resources for EV's are (as stated above, the elephant in the room for raw materials alone) going to run out way faster than ICE ever would, especially if ICE was replaced naturally, not regulatory forced like it is. No power grid is even close to being able to handle a tenth of the cars on the road going EV, and not many states even have contingencies in place to start thinking about that. CA I KNOW has no idea what to do about power capacity, yet continually shuts down its best sources (nuke plants like San Onofre and Diablo Canyon). Peak its a 10kMw deficit with today's demands. Most people wont/dont have homes with solar either to offset, and the way housing is going it doesnt seem like that either is getting better.

I stand by my bait n switch comment. Just having bought a new cell phone, I feel that was a ****in bait and switch too. A decade ago you got a free new current gen iphone/galaxy with a 2yr plan. Now that they got everyone hooked, BAM you're gonna pay full price you pheasants, bc **** you, you'll pay it anyways. I feel like in a few decades after everyone switched to EV and theres no power, you can call up your power company like you call up comcast now and bitch and just get these guys:

5ad260.jpg

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Very few things on this earth are infinite compared to how full of hot air Bruno is. I don't argue that your finite argument really. You are correct.

As the population grows, the cost of infrastructure to have roads with the volume to handle 400+ million people is a valid counter argument to personal transportation for all. Public/private mass transportation has it's benefits to shoveling people into big cities, getting them out, and getting inner-city folk around without the need for them to own, maintain, and store a car in an already crowded area.

NYC has a population density of 27k people per square mile. I haven't done the math but I doubt you could feasibly store enough vehicles for 1 out of 4 of them in that same square mile.
Dear diarrhea. Is this in your Lyft bio?

Kornilov

Established Member

What the **** are you running your man pleaser about? The rate of growth for the population of the nation has levelled off. Its certainly not growing at a rate where 'infrastructure' cant handle it.

Also, people are fleeing leftist shitholes en masse.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
How many of you men? that are interested in electric cars substitute red meat with plants?
Asking for a friend.

Interested is a strong word, but would I consider an electric vehicle to replace the soul-less family DD that we have to traverse (well done me, it is a Traverse) kids to and from school/extra vehicle when the weather sucks, the answer is yes.

And **** fake meat. If it’s going in my mouth, it better be real meat.

Yes, I’m aware of what I’ve typed.

Users who are viewing this thread