ford to revive svt namplate on raptor f-150????

myndgruv

Established Member
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-revive-svt-namplate-on-raptor-f-150.html

Ford hasn't marketed a vehicle under the Special Vehicles Team nameplate — car or truck — since 2004, but that could change when the rumored Ford Raptor F-150 hits the market. A new report has surfaced indicating that Ford will revive the SVT nameplate to affix to the rear of the Raptor when it finally makes production.

According to Four Wheeler Magazine, Ford is preparing to knock the dust off the SVT badge for use on the new Baja-esque truck. Of course the SVT badge is no stranger to the F-150 as Ford produced the SVT Lightning from 1993-2003. The boys at the Blue Oval also showed a concept Lightning version of the 2004-2008 F-150, but it never made it to production.

SVT engineers aren't quite as dusty as the SVT badge — they helped in the development of the Ford Mustang GT500 KR and the Ford GT supercar.

However, the revival of Ford's performance division has to be taken with a grain of salt as Ford hasn't officially given the green light to the Raptor project. But if the project does get the production go-ahead, look for the SVT nameplate to be available at your local Ford dealer once again in 2010 or 2011

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Probably not...
Engine is too big and heavy, especially when the 302 will have 400hp on its own and be way lighter.

The 5.0 in the F150 will have 360hp not the 400hp that will be available in the GT:poke:

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
My dream SVT Cobra is 450hp, N/A, aluminum block, IRS, 3400lbs and make enough of them that the dealers don't charge a $20k ADM.

98rs

Established Member
Autoblog says that the Raptor will have 420hp. Hopefully the same motor will be in the new Boss Mustang.

I think ford is trying to develop a new 6.2 lt thats going to make like 425 and thats going in the trucks cars ect. I'm looking forward to that.I need a truck that can get out of its own way!

mth180

Established Member
SVT explorer! AWD beast to fight off the Chevy TBSS. Well that is what i'm hoping for at least.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
My dream SVT Cobra is 450hp, N/A, aluminum block, IRS, 3400lbs and make enough of them that the dealers don't charge a $20k ADM.

don't worry, they could make it a 15,000 run vehicle and the dealer would still tell you how rare it is and what a collectors item it will be.

red9450

Established Member
They should make svt everything. even grandpa needs a set of turbos under the hood of his fusion. lol

Users who are viewing this thread