Ford V Ferrari

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Saw it last night, it was badass and even better than I expected, it made me a appreciate Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles even more, and I had blast driving the GT500 home.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Wife and I both enjoyed the movie. It is not a documentary so don’t expect everything to be 100% accurate but I thought it was very well done. Will probably go see it again just to enjoy the exhaust sounds over the theater sound system.
Made me really miss my GT500

GT350R

Established Member
Great movie over all. Had typical movie inaccuracies that few people are going to notice. It's a detailed story over years of actual events with cars that are near impossible to acquire for filming. With most of the key people having passed. I doubt anyone could make a truely accurate film about it these days anyways.

Overall, it was fun , funny, exciting and educational. What more could you ask for?

(The only movie inaccuracy that made me actually laugh was the Cobra fiberglass body sitting in the Shelby factory/airplane hanger. Clearly a white gel coat fresh body) the rest were pretty minor background stuff. Other than the car miles died in wasn't the car that showed him driving.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I thought the movie was great. I was trying to figure out what they could've cut to shorten it up a little bit but couldn't come up with more than about 5 minutes or so. It really didn't seem like it was 2.5 hours.

Smooth Approved!

GT350R

Established Member
So.... Not sure how many of you guys grew up with stuff engrained into you. Some might remember this. You WANT to believe.

ONLY READ THIS AFTER YOU WATCH THE MOVIE.
for those that have. Read it all but the part I'm talking about is after the finish at LeMans and after the J Car accident.

Ken Miles: Part 2 – 1966 and all that

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
My wife is the same way.
Since I just recently had surgery on my right foot, she had to take me.

At the end of the movie, she was completely in to it asking me a ton of questions about it.

Ask her to give it a try...
think I’ll be going to see it by myself lol, my wife has no interest, so yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

chao5.0

Established Member
Great movie took my wife and sons to see it, I know Hollywood has to make a movie entertaining but I just wish they would keep the events accurate at least. Miles was driving at Le Mans in 65, it was his car that had the gearbox failure, I also wish they didn't make Ford out to be the villain and tell what actually happened because it was the FIA that reneged on the deal for the photo finish. I particularly liked them showing Phil Remington coming up with the design to change out the entire brake assembly, ingenuity at its finest.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Heading out with some friends to see it tonight after work.

I'm gonna rev the company EcoBoost Escape at any Ferraris I see in the parking lot. Gotta show 'em what your working with. Keep it real and shit.

Users who are viewing this thread