Ford Website...Google Search

MechEngr

Established Member
I really wasn't expecting this and am in no way in the "know", but what do you guys think of this? Could this be inaccurate or a bunch of nothing?

Capture.PNG

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Nothing to see there. I tried that last week after the Raptor breach of info. Good line of thinking though. You can also search "GT500 site: Ford.com". Nothing pulling though...

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Everything out there right now is all bs info, nothing has been creditable on a possible gt500, only the spy vids which could be anything at this point...my guess a new mach 1 with the 5.2 voodoo

MechEngr

Established Member
Yeah, I am probably not as informed with regard to the most up to date misinformation floating around. It does make you wonder how something like that might end up there, with a usable link to the companies website and "GT500" contained within the link. It seems plausible that the web design group within Ford Motor Company could potentially have a portion of their work completed and that is what is seen in the search. It is fun to think about as Ford is on a big 50th anniversary theme lately with the Mustang GT 50th anniversary edition, the GT350 and it's anniversary from 65', and the 50th anniversary of the Ford GT and Le Mans. It would be neat if the GT500 made a limited production run in 2017 for it's 50th anniversary from 1967. Who knows, but it is fun to think about.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's possible Ford just put the GT500 in the keywords because some naive people may think the GT350 is a GT500 and Ford was aiming for maximum visibility on the internet.

DepWraith

Established Member
The GT500 was supposed to be out for MY '17 for the 50th Anniversay, but they ran into some engineering issues such as oil consumption and hard starting.

MechEngr

Established Member
That's interesting, I hadn't heard about that. Where did you hear that wraith?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The GT500 was supposed to be out for MY '17 for the 50th Anniversay, but they ran into some engineering issues such as oil consumption and hard starting.
Prove it. (Seriously)

I've talked to very high up Ford guys and they said there would not be a GT500 released in the next couple years.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
We haven't seen any mysterious Mustang on the Ring yet. Plus Ford pushed up the S650 chassis debut by 18 or 24 months so that's possibly going to complicate things as they usually throw everything they can into the final two years of a chassis (prime time for GT500 debut). I'm curious how much weight can be dropped with an entirely aluminum chassis.

I'd be really surprised if they let GT500 be absent beyond 2019.

MechEngr

Established Member
We haven't seen any mysterious Mustang on the Ring yet. Plus Ford pushed up the S650 chassis debut by 18 or 24 months so that's possibly going to complicate things as they usually throw everything they can into the final two years of a chassis (prime time for GT500 debut). I'm curious how much weight can be dropped with an entirely aluminum chassis.

I'd be really surprised if they let GT500 be absent beyond 2019.

A brand and new chassis? They just came out with the s550? So are you saying the current chassis will short lived? Btw, how do you guys find out about that stuff?

I think it would be a mistake not to offer a GT500 for any longer than you would have to. It seems like they would be losing too much in sales.

DepWraith

Established Member
Prove it. (Seriously)

I've talked to very high up Ford guys and they said there would not be a GT500 released in the next couple years.

Have nothing to prove it with, nor does it matter to me if you believe me or not. I just share info as I get it and cannot reveal my source as it will cut off my line. There will be a GT500 for MY 2018, so save your pennies if you want one.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have nothing to prove it with, nor does it matter to me if you believe me or not. I just share info as I get it and cannot reveal my source as it will cut off my line. There will be a GT500 for MY 2018, so save your pennies if you want one.
I hope you're right, I believe you to be wrong though.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Prove it. (Seriously)

I hope you're right, I believe you to be wrong though.

Locking it in. Whoever is wrong has to make a thread in roadside apologizing to the other :-D

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Locking it in. Whoever is wrong has to make a thread in roadside apologizing to the other :-D
Deal.

I'll make it while sitting in my garage looking at my MY18 GT500 next to my ACR, I'll even throw a loaf of bread on the hood.

FordFanStan

Established Member
SEO is likely the main factor. They had the same link during previous MYGT500s as I recall so it made sense to keep it for the already established rank and traffic.

Doubtful, but I'm hoping I see/hear something at SEMA this year regarding the 2017/18 GT500.

Users who are viewing this thread