Ford will offer light weight 2020 GT500

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That is what we call bias confirmation.

Everyone at your track, tracks their car... Well duh
There is a wait list to join the track... Irrelevant.

What matters is the number of people in each of the following three groups compared to the number of cars sold.

1. Guys who will HPDE the car regularly (+4 days a year)
2. Guys that will Street/Strip their car (+4 days a year)
4. Guys that will wax poetically about how orgianl and how few miles they have at gatherings (+4 days a year).

Basis of 4 days is if you do it once a month and on average we have 4 summer months.

I bet Group 1 is a distant 3rd place to the other groups.

With group 3 being the far and away winner.

Saving the pussy for the next guy!

blk02edge

Established Member
That is what we call bias confirmation.

Everyone at your track, tracks their car... Well duh
There is a wait list to join the track... Irrelevant.

What matters is the number of people in each of the following three groups compared to the number of cars sold.

1. Guys who will HPDE the car regularly (+4 days a year)
2. Guys that will Street/Strip their car (+4 days a year)
4. Guys that will wax poetically about how orgianl and how few miles they have at gatherings (+4 days a year).

Basis of 4 days is if you do it once a month and on average we have 4 summer months.

I bet Group 1 is a distant 3rd place to the other groups.
Wut...? All I said is more and more people getting the bug... Im well aware the majority dont do it and likely never will. They'll come on this forum and talk like they do though...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My GT500 was delicious last night. definitely paying for it this AM. Shouldn’t have drank beer with it. My asshole hurts after this mornings dump. FTL.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wut...? All I said is more and more people getting the bug... Im well aware the majority dont do it and likely never will. They'll come on this forum and talk like they do though...

This.

In the last 4-5 years NASA, SCCA, PCA, etc have had huge booms in these regions and new tracks are popping up all over the US. The road courses are making money, our local course is planning on building a second track to keep up with demand. That will be 6 tracks in our state that I know of, there are probably more.

Hell our NASCAR/Indy track shut down years ago due to funds, the current owners are making a killing now running autocross through it.

I know it's not as big as the drag racing crowd, but I was blown away at our last autocross when like 250 (around 200 is typical) cars showed up. That would be a hugely busy test and tune at Bandimere.

I don't know if it will continue but it's definitely getting more popular and I think the reason is because of cars with some road course focus.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Screenshot_20190821-121229__01.jpeg

Redeye weights an entire 90lbs more.

Size comparison of a GT350 and my 1320.
IMG_20190817_143536.jpeg

Mustang needs to be inducted into the Official Yatch Club. I need to start a Facebook group - Michiana Yatch Club - 4,000lb+ Performance Vehicles

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah that's crazy.... 90 lbs difference.

I think the new car and the redeye will be neck and neck down the drag strip.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I think Alex has no clue as to how many people go to tracks with turns on them.

I agree, you and I live within a few hours of Watkins Glenn? I surely will be trying my car out next year there. So I guess he wrong about my purchase.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
This.

In the last 4-5 years NASA, SCCA, PCA, etc have had huge booms in these regions and new tracks are popping up all over the US. The road courses are making money, our local course is planning on building a second track to keep up with demand. That will be 6 tracks in our state that I know of, there are probably more.

Hell our NASCAR/Indy track shut down years ago due to funds, the current owners are making a killing now running autocross through it.

I know it's not as big as the drag racing crowd, but I was blown away at our last autocross when like 250 (around 200 is typical) cars showed up. That would be a hugely busy test and tune at Bandimere.

I don't know if it will continue but it's definitely getting more popular and I think the reason is because of cars with some road course focus.

I also think more and more people will be interested and possibly tracking their cars more for the very simple fact that the GT500 is now more capable of this type of activity than ever before. And the boom in the last few years could also be because of cars like the GT350.

Mustang has always been a straight line car.... and now, it's not anymore. It can do both, WELL. Think about the 13/14 GT500s. I owned one. I love that car, always will. It was awesome. Ford did great on that car even for having an SRA, but it wasn't meant to go around a track. The 2020 is designed for it.

My point being, more people will probably track a car, when they know it's designed for and capable of being a track car without much modification, versus buying a car not designed for the track, and then trying to use it for that type of fun.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with all the track comments, how the car is designed for it, and how enjoyable it can be.

However, after spending next to $100k, the amount of bubble wrap cars never leaving the garage is going to be massive. Many people arent going to drive them unfortunately.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I agree with all the track comments, how the car is designed for it, and how enjoyable it can be.

However, after spending next to $100k, the amount of bubble wrap cars never leaving the garage is going to be massive. Many people arent going to drive them unfortunately.

Yea agreed, I mean, I think no matter what car it is, you will always have a certain number of buyers that do this. I'm willing to bet you will have old dudes buying base model c8s and not driving them either lololol. And that's a more mass-produced car than the 500 will be.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Mustang has always been a straight line car.... and now, it's not anymore. It can do both, WELL. Think about the 13/14 GT500s. I owned one. I love that car, always will. It was awesome. Ford did great on that car even for having an SRA, but it wasn't meant to go around a track. The 2020 is designed for it.

Wrong.

Mustangs have always been Track Cars first, that everyone just plays with on thr Street/Strip.

Look back at the classic Shelby and Boss cars to the more recent Cobras and Cobra R.

None of those cars had been designed for the strip. Manual Only, trick suspension, higher revving engines, weight reduction, etc.

If anything, the S197 was the abnormally being focused on old man Nostalgia Street action.

I also believe, since this is current year, that going with another PD supercharger is counter productive to building a track champ. Toss in the two-ton curb weight... I think Ford was trying to have its cake and eat it too.

At 4200, DCT only...as I said many times before, this car should have been AWD + Turbo to really shake up the market.

Instead you have a car that costs $25k more then a Redeye to save 90lbs and brake better.

I bet ya a Cayman GT4 is still a more thrilling ride.

4VFTW

Established Member
Instead you have a car that costs $25k more then a Redeye to save 90lbs and brake better.
Admittedly my math is bad , but a Redeye starts at $70,245 so not really sure how you figure a GT500 is $25k more. And it will do more than just brake better than a RE.

Even with Dodge stacking $8k on the hood your math is poo.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Wrong.

Mustangs have always been Track Cars first, that everyone just plays with on thr Street/Strip.

I disagree. But you're welcome to show me some info to go with your point, as I'm not really finding much in the way of Mustangs always being designed for track racing. I can't personally recall seeing a large number of Fox body stangs going around tracks, but I certainly see them at the strip as an example.

Gonna edit my post to address more of yours. I'm not talking the more specialty runs. And I mentioned GT350s in my post as well, that "recent" ones have most likely caused an uptick in the number of people tracking their car. The Cobra R was a very limited run as well. You can't use that as the example to say they were all focused on track duty. Hell, I'd use that to prove the opposite in fact. Ford had to produce a special model to be more track-oriented.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Admittedly my math is bad , but a Redeye starts at $70,245 so not really sure how you figure a GT500 is $25k more. And it will do more than just brake better than a RE.

Even with Dodge stacking $8k on the hood your math is poo.

I’m not seeing his math either but the red eye is currently discounted about $8k from dodge right now, besides any additional discount that you can obtain on your own. You can get a red eye right now for about $62K.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I disagree. But you're welcome to show me some info to go with your point, as I'm not really finding much in the way of Mustangs always being designed for track racing. I can't personally recall seeing a large number of Fox body stangs going around tracks, but I certainly see them at the strip as an example.
ford-mustang-5.jpeg
hqdefault(4).jpeg

Seriously? You think the orginal Boss 302 was built to drag race and not for Trans Am? Was Carol Shelby out there pounding the strip in his GT350 and GT500 cars? Is that what made him famous? Was Steve McQueen ripping around in a Highland Green GT because he was all about that Mexico life?

1969_Ford_MustangBOSS302TransAm3.jpeg

As for Fox Body racing... Have you not heard of AIX, Mustang x Camaro Challenge or any of the other pony car focused race series by NASA? Who do you think is buying all those Griggs Racing and Maximum Motorsports suspension parts?

maxresdefault(3).jpeg

98ea08464eafd9bda594aad320fec3eb.jpeg
337a11eb5b4df58013aa0582cf74449a.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread