Ford's Mask Nazi Customer Service Survey...

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
They are giving the customer more leverage over the service writers check. How are they going to prove the writer or worker wasn’t wearing one? Then you have the loons that go bananas if it’s not worn properly according to them, so they would probably ding you for that. What if the person has a medical exception and can’t wear one? Now they will get dinged for that. Ford and every other company and politician needs to stay out of peoples lives. I can already see it next year the survey will ask, did your writer show you his proof of covid vaccine. When I worked at Ford my writer was flamed (bad survey) because ford supports gay rights. That had nothing to do with the service he received.

delvin.a

Established Member
Honestly, I don't see the big deal with wearing a mask indoors, if it helps prevent people from getting sick. I wouldn't make a big stink about the question. And I have questioned the seriousness of Covid-19 right from the beginning.

It doesn’t do anything as OSHA and every single scientific study has shown. It’s a nonsense narrative being painted for stupid people, don’t be one of them.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
They are giving the customer more leverage over the service writers check. How are they going to prove the writer or worker wasn’t wearing one? Then you have the loons that go bananas if it’s not worn properly according to them, so they would probably ding you for that. What if the person has a medical exception and can’t wear one? Now they will get dinged for that. Ford and every other company and politician needs to stay out of peoples lives. I can already see it next year the survey will ask, did your writer show you his proof of covid vaccine. When I worked at Ford my writer was flamed (bad survey) because ford supports gay rights. That had nothing to do with the service he received.
bingo. Only point of adding that question is to get out of paying writers bonuses.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I disagree with the question being on the post-service survey.

I just got my oil changed and the survey came in. I saw techs and salesman without masks and I wasn’t wearing one either, but i will be damned if im snitching on these guys. I gave that answer a yes and they can kiss my ass with that question.

I know how badly dealers get ****ed on those surveys so unless it was a shitty dealer I give 5 stars

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I have no issue with you sharing your opinion but don't **** with my quote. You don't like covering your mouth, I don't like words put in mine.

Don’t get yourself all triggered over the internet. You’ll have a heart attack and die of the Chinese flu.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Good, better to not answer them then absolutely destroy someone on them.
I don't because I actually think my feedback is valuable to the person asking my opinion. Why do they not compensate me for my constructive criticism?

Example: I take my truck to the Ford dealership for service. They send me a survey and ask how they did. Why should I answer, good or bad? I paid them to work on my truck, and they want my opinion (must have some value, or they wouldn't ask), they should pay me.

But these days too, I think it is best to work silent, work deep. If I don't like the work they perform on my truck, I take my truck somewhere else. Why is it in my interest to help them? Someone might see my survey and decide I need to get treated differently, like in a negative way.

Nope, no surveys or polls for this man.

E

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
771FDA87-F0AF-4C3A-BB1C-B2F8FEEA182B.png

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I was a service advisor for 6 years, recently walked away...because of this crap. allow me to explain, while already being one of the most thankless jobs out there(although its too easy to make 100K doing it) all pay plans are built off commission tabulated on a bunch of different metrics. one of the being CSI or surveys. my old pay plan was about 1k riding on CSI, having to be over a certain %. We often had issues with the customer slamming us on a survey because another customer, someone in the showroom didnt have their mask on. they mark the question NO, and advisors get honest to go screwed.

say what you want about car dealerships and being "stearlerships" and all the frankly BS, there are no other professions that allow a customer to literally subtract money from the employee's wallet. sure, there are a bunch of terrible advisors that certainly deserve it. but PSA, if you have a good advisor that treats you right, give them all 10s.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I was a service advisor for 6 years, recently walked away...because of this crap. allow me to explain, while already being one of the most thankless jobs out there(although its too easy to make 100K doing it) all pay plans are built off commission tabulated on a bunch of different metrics. one of the being CSI or surveys. my old pay plan was about 1k riding on CSI, having to be over a certain %. We often had issues with the customer slamming us on a survey because another customer, someone in the showroom didnt have their mask on. they mark the question NO, and advisors get honest to go screwed.

say what you want about car dealerships and being "stearlerships" and all the frankly BS, there are no other professions that allow a customer to literally subtract money from the employee's wallet. sure, there are a bunch of terrible advisors that certainly deserve it. but PSA, if you have a good advisor that treats you right, give them all 10s.
Yep, service advisor myself. If I have the slightest inkling a customer isn’t going to give me a good survey I delete the email. Recently got blasted on a survey because the cashier wasn’t “friendly enough”. That cost be $500 even though it has nothing to do with me. Then got blasted again for not congratulating a customer on her new car purchase when she came in for her first oil change. Suck my dick lady.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yep, service advisor myself. If I have the slightest inkling a customer isn’t going to give me a good survey I delete the email. Recently got blasted on a survey because the cashier wasn’t “friendly enough”. That cost be $500 even though it has nothing to do with me. Then got blasted again for not congratulating a customer on her new car purchase when she came in for her first oil change. Suck my dick lady.

people are such petty ****s...I used to have to send out surveys when I did noc/nos support...like those calls only come in when shit has hit the fan an L1, L2 support can’t handle it...

snakecharmer

Established Member
I'd be more annoyed just that I got surveyed period. I detest the things and generally refuse to fill them out. I have actually stopped doing business with some places specifically because they. will. not. ****ing. stop. with the damn survey nonsense.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice to from a couple of actual service writers about customer surveys. They can help or hurt an employee, and sometimes wrongfully. Just like product reviews. Their input also shows how tough some dealership environments can be. Man, a $500 slap! I'm curious, if a service writer were to get an undeserved bad survey/review, do most dealerships work on a 1-2-3 strike system, or is it pretty much one strike and you're out? I'm guessing it might vary dealership to dealership.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Because there are some areas of the country that do not require masks to be worn.

So does your dealership not get pay out from ford for high rating surveys?

I ask because in my area the surveys are huge deal for the high volume dealerships.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So does your dealership not get pay out from ford for high rating surveys?

I ask because in my area the surveys are huge deal for the high volume dealerships.
As long as a (Ford) dealership is over 85% positive, you get paid. It's not a fortune by any means. About 0.5% of what you sell that month. Sell $10mil, make $50k.

Sent from my Potato

Users who are viewing this thread