Ford's street legal race cars of the 60s

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great video, Paul! As I was watching the video and got to the 9:23 mark, I see that stunning 1963 white 427 powered Galaxy 500. I then instantly I look at the Mecum Auction that I'm watching and what am I seeing? A stunning 1964 white 427 powered Galaxy 500. Talk about coincedance.

Thanks for posting it. Well worth watching.

That Thunderbolt!!! One of my favorites from the '60s.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
A Fairlane Thunderbolt has been a dream car of mine. I’ll never have one but damn I can still dream.
So, local car salesman has one. It's a rather large dealership here in the Columbus area and back in the 2000 Cobra R days he had a sprayed one of those too....haha. Has a few really fast and cool older cars. Guys is a little off, but so am I....haha.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Awesome video. Days when ford would sell you exactly what you wanted.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
So, local car salesman has one. It's a rather large dealership here in the Columbus area and back in the 2000 Cobra R days he had a sprayed one of those too....haha. Has a few really fast and cool older cars. Guys is a little off, but so am I....haha.

Abraham? or is it someone else that I am thinking about

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome video. Days when ford would sell you exactly what you wanted.
Yep. And the list of options on the order form was extensive. I remember when I ordered my 1970 Road Runner I went through a long list of options, with a price shown for each. I checked the boxes I wanted and the order was submitted to Chrysler/Plymouth. Approximately 2 months later, it was delivered to my dealer. Exactly as ordered. No omissions. No additions.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yep. And the list of options on the order form was extensive. I remember when I ordered my 1970 Road Runner I went through a long list of options, with a price shown for each. I checked the boxes I wanted and the order was submitted to Chrysler/Plymouth. Approximately 2 months later, it was delivered to my dealer. Exactly as ordered. No omissions. No additions.
Too bad we are no longer have to have those options.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Abraham? or is it someone else that I am thinking about
Ricart. Pete wasn't the one that was the dealer of the brothers, but I think he currently has a speed shop of some kind near the dealership. They sell just about any kind of car there. Different buildings for different makes. It has a stop light inside of the entrance to try and keep the idiots from running into each other in there. It's crazy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Too bad we are no longer have to have those options.
Yeah, for sure. A lot of newer vehicles have literally 2 or 3 option packages to pick from, along with a couple of wheel choices, exterior color, seat type, and maybe an interior option or two. I'd love to be able to greater personalize a vehicle like we could do back then.

Users who are viewing this thread