Fore return system help

luker669

Established Member
Fuel lines, just the engine bay. Coming off the fuel rails and the pressure regulator

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

RBB

Established Member
Feed line coming off the rails is circled in red. Return line going back to tank is circled in yellow, kind of hard to see as it’s on the bottom of the regulator. Regulator is mounted on the back of the driver’s side shock tower.

161DD999-51EC-4176-A867-60AD791A2BC4.jpeg

69b302

Established Member
So you can go true return or dead-head. True return will have: fuel pump->fuel rails->regulator->back to tank. Dead head will have the fuel rails connected to the regulator, but not in the fuel supply path to the regulator. I am not a fan of the dead head setup, but many people run them without issue.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I ran mine straight to the rails, then to the regulator and returns. I didn’t like the dead head setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I ran mine straight to the rails, then to the regulator and returns. I didn’t like the dead head setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you have trouble with the dead head? I ask because Im thinking about how I want mine run and I dont like the idea of fuel circulated through the rails heading back to the tank over and over and over.

EDIT: Just found this video from Fore on this subject:

Traditional for me lol

69b302

Established Member
I think the issue with most GT500s is the space to run a true return system. Very tight in back to start with, and only gets worse with larger blowers. I had hard starts and some driving issues when I ran deadhead, which I did for two seasons before converting. Nice video from Fore.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Did you have trouble with the dead head? I ask because Im thinking about how I want mine run and I dont like the idea of fuel circulated through the rails heading back to the tank over and over and over.

EDIT: Just found this video from Fore on this subject:

Traditional for me lol

No issues never tried it that way just went with parallel setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread