forged short-block, what did you guys do?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Update from post #19, back in 18'. Ha ha

Once power got to the point of making me question the strength of my Aluminator, I started saving/planning for it's replacement. I got wind of the Gen 2 and then Gen 3, 5.2 block being a measurable amount stronger than the 5.0 block, so I went that route. I'm weary of sleeves for street use and this was the substitute I was looking for. My new build (Winter 19'/20') has 1500 mils on it now and I'm closing in on a dyno date. Here's the new combo:

Gen 3, 5.2 block
Boss crank
Manley H Tuff rods
Manley Extreme Platinum Duty pistons (11.3:1)
Gen 2 heads (ported/valves ect by Airflow Solutions)
Boss 302 cams
I upgraded headers/over axles at the same time.

Drives and behaves as smooth the Aluminator and stock engine before it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Reaper14

Established Member
Update from post #19, back in 18'. Ha ha

Once power got to the point of making me question the strength of my Aluminator, I started saving/planning for it's replacement. I got wind of the Gen 2 and then Gen 3, 5.2 block being a measurable amount stronger than the 5.0 block, so I went that route. I'm weary of sleeves for street use and this was the substitute I was looking for. My new build (Winter 19'/20') has 1500 mils on it now and I'm closing in on a dyno date. Here's the new combo:

Gen 3, 5.2 block
Boss crank
Manley H Tuff rods
Manley Extreme Platinum Duty pistons (11.3:1)
Gen 2 heads (ported/valves ect by Airflow Solutions)
Boss 302 cams
I upgraded headers/over axles at the same time.

Drives and behaves as smooth the Aluminator and stock engine before it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Now when people say boss cams, which ones do they mean. I ask because when you look at ford racing, they give different part numbers from the ones Tasca gives you & much more pricier.

Vic

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

Reaper14

Established Member
Ur right I seen em for like $900 on some sites. Boss 302R cams is what I run right from MMR. Cheapest.

Boss 302R Exhaust Cam Set ( Same as M-6550-M50BR ) [451561] - $279.99 : Modular Motorsports, Home of the Worlds Fastest Modular Engines
Is this the same as the one L & M pairs it with? I wanted to go with these just to keep the vct
Screenshot_20200215-182319.jpeg

Vic

Users who are viewing this thread