Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To Hold Hearings O

AzDropTop

Established Member
Former Canadian Minister believes in UFO's, galatic war.

LOL x 1,000,000,000. This is some funny stuff.....Intergalactic war. ha ha ha ha

Former Canadian Minister Of Defence Asks Canadian Parliament Asked To Hold Hearings On Relations With Alien "Et" Civilizations Thu Nov 24, 7:00 AM ET

(PRWEB) - OTTAWA, CANADA (PRWEB) November 24, 2005 -- A former Canadian Minister of Defence and Deputy Prime Minister under Pierre Trudeau has joined forces with three Non-governmental organizations to ask the Parliament of Canada to hold public hearings on Exopolitics -- relations with “ETs.”

ADVERTISEMENT

By “ETs,” Mr. Hellyer and these organizations mean ethical, advanced extraterrestrial civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On September 25, 2005, in a startling speech at the University of Toronto that caught the attention of mainstream newspapers and magazines, Paul Hellyer, Canada’s Defence Minister from 1963-67 under Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Prime Minister Lester Pearson, publicly stated: "UFOs, are as real as the airplanes that fly over your head."

Mr. Hellyer went on to say, "I'm so concerned about what the consequences might be of starting an intergalactic war, that I just think I had to say something."

Hellyer revealed, "The secrecy involved in all matters pertaining to the Roswell incident was unparalled. The classification was, from the outset, above top secret, so the vast majority of U.S. officials and politicians, let alone a mere allied minister of defence, were never in-the-loop."

Hellyer warned, "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning. He stated, "The Bush administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

Hellyer’s speech ended with a standing ovation. He said, "The time has come to lift the veil of secrecy, and let the truth emerge, so there can be a real and informed debate, about one of the most important problems facing our planet today."

Three Non-governmental organizations took Hellyer’s words to heart, and approached Canada’s Parliament in Ottawa, Canada’s capital, to hold public hearings on a possible ET presence, and what Canada should do. The Canadian Senate, which is an appointed body, has held objective, well-regarded hearings and issued reports on controversial issues such as same-sex marriage and medical marijuana,

On October 20, 2005, the Institute for Cooperation in Space requested Canadian Senator Colin Kenny, Senator, Chair of The Senate Standing Senate Committee on National Security and Defence, “schedule public hearings on the Canadian Exopolitics Initiative, so that witnesses such as the Hon. Paul Hellyer, and Canadian-connected high level military-intelligence, NORAD-connected, scientific, and governmental witnesses facilitated by the Disclosure Project and by the Toronto Exopolitics Symposium can present compelling evidence, testimony, and Public Policy recommendations.”

The Non-governmental organizations seeking Parliament hearings include Canada-based Toronto Exopolitics Symposium, which organized the University of Toronto Symposium at which Mr. Hellyer spoke.

The Disclosure Project, a U.S.– based organization that has assembled high level military-intelligence witnesses of a possible ET presence, is also one of the organizations seeking Canadian Parliament hearings.

Vancouver-based Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), whose International Director headed a proposed 1977 Extraterrestrial Communication Study for the White House of former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, who himself has publicly reported a 1969 Close Encounter of the First Kind with a UFO, filed the original request for Canadian Parliament hearings.

The Canadian Exopolitics Initiative, presented by the organizations to a Senate Committee panel hearing in Winnipeg, Canada, on March 10, 2005, proposes that the Government of Canada undertake a Decade of Contact.

The proposed Decade of Contact is “a 10-year process of formal, funded public education, scientific research, educational curricula development and implementation, strategic planning, community activity, and public outreach concerning our terrestrial society’s full cultural, political, social, legal, and governmental communication and public interest diplomacy with advanced, ethical Off-Planet cultures now visiting Earth.”

Canada has a long history of opposing the basing of weapons in Outer Space. On September 22, 2004 Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin declared to the U.N. General Assembly,” "Space is our final frontier. It has always captured our imagination. What a tragedy it would be if space became one big weapons arsenal and the scene of a new arms race.

Martin stated, "In 1967, the United Nations agreed that weapons of mass
destruction must not be based in space. The time has come to extend this ban to all weapons..."

In May, 2003, speaking before the Canadian House of Commons Standing Committee on National Defence and Veterans Affairs, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada Lloyd Axworthy, stated “Washington's offer to Canada is not an invitation to join America under a protective shield, but it presents a global security doctrine that violates Canadian values on many levels."

Axworthy concluded, “There should be an uncompromising commitment to preventing the placement of weapons in space.”

On February 24, 2005, Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin made official Canada's decision not to take part in the U.S government’s Ballistic Missile Defence program.

Paul Hellyer, who now seeks Canadian Parliament hearings on relations with ETs, on May 15, 2003, stated in Toronto’s Globe & Mail newspaper, “Canada should accept the long-standing invitation of U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich of Ohio to launch a conference to seek approval of an international treaty to ban weapons in space. That would be a positive Canadian contribution toward a more peaceful world.”

In early November 2005, the Canadian Senate wrote ICIS, indicating the Senate Committee could not hold hearings on ETs in 2005, because of their already crowded schedule.

“That does not deter us,” one spokesperson for the Non-governmental organizations said, “We are going ahead with our request to Prime Minister Paul Martin and the official opposition leaders in the House of Commons now, and we will re-apply with the Senate of Canada in early 2006.

“Time is on the side of open disclosure that there are ethical Extraterrestrial civilizations visiting Earth,” The spokesperson stated. “Our Canadian government needs to openly address these important issues of the possible deployment of weapons in outer war plans against ethical ET societies.”

Last edited:

COBRABRAD

Established Member
"Make no mistake, Roswell happened. I've seen secret files which show the government knew about it - but decided not to tell the public."
-Ed Mitchell

FORMER astronaut Edgar Mitchell is one of only 12 people to have walked on the moon.

A highly-intelligent scientist, Edgar caused a sensation at a UFO conference in America this month when he claimed he has seen proof that aliens exist.

In 1971, Edgar became the sixth person to walk on the moon. Now 68, he works as a consultant to the hugely popular science-fiction TV series The X Files.

In an exclusive interview from his Florida home, Edgar told John Earls why he is convinced there is life on other planets and that aliens have, in fact, landed on Earth.

"I AM an American astronaut and a trained scientist. Because of my position people in high places confide in me. And, as a result, I have no doubt that aliens HAVE visited this planet.

The American government and governments throughout the world have thousands of files of UFO sightings which cannot be explained. As a scientist, it is logical to me that at least some of these will have been witness of alien craft.

As a former astronaut, the military people who have access to these files are more willing to talk to me than to people they regard as mere cranks.

The stories I have heard from these people, who are more highly qualified than me to talk about UFOs, leave me in no doubt that aliens have already visited Earth.

I've been interested in the subject since I joined NASA 40 years ago. Probably my most visionary moment was when I actually landed on the moon with Apollo 14.

I felt an overwhelming sense that the universe itself is in some way a conscious being in its own right. This means that all life-forms, whether on Earth or elsewhere, are all part of one giant consciousness.

So when I learned that aliens really do exist, I wasn't too surprised. But what did shock me when I started investigating extra-terrestrial reports a decade ago is the extent to which the proof has been hushed up.

It isn't just the US government which has kept quiet about alien visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that ETs would only choose to visit my country.

Indeed, I've heard convincing stories about governments all over the world that know of alien visits - including the British government.

Not all governments are anxious to keep their findings quiet. The Belgians have admitted that aliens may be out there and have released information about sightings that cannot be explained away as military planes, weather phenomena and so on.

There is a very simple reason why governments have been so secretive: fear.

Modern UFO sightings really began with the Roswell incident in 1947, when a crashed craft containing the corpses of several aliens was found in Roswell, New Mexico.

Make no mistake, Roswell happened. I've seen secret files which show the government knew about it - but decided not to tell the public.

There were very good security reasons for not informing the public about Roswell. Quite simply, we wouldn't have known how to deal with the technology of intelligent beings advanced enough to send a craft to Earth. The world would have panicked if we'd known aliens were visiting us.

The question of whether or not aliens are still visiting us is more complex.

Such is our existing secret technology that what might look like an alien craft may well turn out to be a top-secret military plane. On the other hand, the craft may be an alien spaceship. Personally however, I'd say, "Yes, it's quite possible we are currently being visited".

The whole question of extra-terrestrials should be looked at in an historical context. Five hundred years ago, the astronomer Copernicus was condemned as a heretic for saying that planet Earth wasn't the centre of the universe but merely a small part of it.

Now we laugh at those long-dead fools for not listening to the truth. People who believe in aliens aren't all cranks and some may be looked upon in the future as visionaries similar to Copernicus. Meanwhile, the majority of us still believe mankind is the biological centre of the universe.

We will refuse to accept that intelligent life exists outside Earth unless we personally bump into an alien while we're doing the shopping. Is this attitude really any different from those "simpletons" of 500 years ago?

My training at NASA only allows me to look at things scientifically. Even if I hadn't been shown evidence of alien landings on Earth, the assumption must be that somewhere in the universe another planet is capable of supporting alien life.

Those life-forms need not be "little green men". The scientists' definition of intelligent life is whether or not it can use and manage information. Even the most primitive microbes on Earth qualify by that definition, and surely there are at the very least similar microbes thriving on planets throughout the universe.

If you are starting to think walking on the moon addled my brain and that I'll believe any old crank theory about ETs, think again.

I would describe myself as a cynic. I wasn't convinced about the existence of aliens until I started talking to the military old-timers who were there at the time of Roswell. The more government documentation on aliens I was told about, the more convinced I became.

It must be stressed that the wackier people on the fringe of alien matters do the subject no end of damage. Contrary to rumour, there are no alien buildings and structures on the moon. I should know, I was there!

I even became caught up in these rumours when a theory started that a moon structure was reflected on my helmet during TV transmissions of my landing. That just isn't true.

It's that kind of disinformation which stops credible people admitting that they too believe in aliens.

Thankfully, things are changing for the better. It's a snowball effect - the more scientists admit that ETs are a viable prospect, the more they are investigated in a scientifc manner. And the more that happens, the more chance there is of us discovering inarguable proof of extra-terrestrials.

It helps too that those in possession of documentation of alien visits to Earth are starting to come forward. The military people I spoke to are tired of the secrecy surrounding Roswell and similar cases, particularly as the information is being leaked.

I firmly believe that this documentation will have to be made public within the next three or four years. And if proof of ETs is finally made public, nobody will be happier than me.

What I don't think will happen is that I will ever see an extra-terrestrial. I'd love to see one, though it's not the biggest priority in my life.

But, as they say on a TV show I'm associated with, the truth is out there.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
...don't know about intergalactic war, but Hellyer was the Minister of Nation Defense back in 1967 when they recovered the craft from Shag Harbour.

AzDropTop

Established Member
This goes along great with an old clip I just heard of Farrakkan saying he was taken up in a space ship and told by Muhammed that the U.S. was going to go to war with Libya. How anyone could actually follow this guy is unreal! lol

UCBeau

bunny_power said:
...don't know about intergalactic war, but Hellyer was the Minister of Nation Defense back in 1967 when they recovered the craft from Shag Harbour.
so you guys had your own version of "the roswell incident" too huh

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
so you guys had your own version of "the roswell incident" too huh

Sorta, the main difference seems to be that the government actually documented the crash and subsequent search for wreckage and never bothered denying that something had happened there.

Users who are viewing this thread