FORScan mods

Coiled03

Established Member
Mods feel free to move if you see fit. Just thought this would get more visibility in RS.

Thread to discuss all things related to FORScan.

Here's a link to massive thread discussing it: FORScan - software to enable/disable features in your truck - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Here's a link to a tutorial to get setup with FORScan (all credit to Livinitup from f150forum.com): FORScan Tutorial

Here's a link to a spreadsheet containing many common mods, as well as other information (again, all credit to Livinitup from f150forum.com):
I've only done a few things so far, but it's really pretty easy once you get going, and it's all reversible as long as you backup your as built files before you do anything else. The tutorial explains it all.

So far, I've done:
Bambi mode headlights (brights and fogs at the same time)
Disable double honk
Disable door ajar warning chime
Disable powerpoint time out
Add heated and cooled seats, and heated steering wheel to Sync 3 home screen
Auto start/stop disable
Stereo extended play set to 60 min.

I tried to change my DRLs to parking lights and fog lights only, but something went wrong, so I had to revert it back.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Can’t you just turn the DRL’s off?
This can stay here for now seeing it works on all Ford/Lincoln products.
I need to load this crap.
The heat/cool seats show up on Sync? I know I can change the climate control by talking to the truck, but never tried the seats.

Coiled03

Established Member
Can’t you just turn the DRL’s off?
This can stay here for now seeing it works on all Ford/Lincoln products.
I need to load this crap.
The heat/cool seats show up on Sync? I know I can change the climate control by talking to the truck, but never tried the seats.

I think you can just turn DRLs off, but I'd have to read the sheet again.

Actually, to be clear, the information I provided is for F150s only, I believe. Fusions, and mustangs have their own spreadsheets, somewhere. I've not seen them because I don't need them.

Yeah, the icons for heated and cooled seats show up on the main screen of Sync 3 after the mod. They're functional, too, meaning you can touch them and turn the cooling/heating level up or down. Oh, and the heated steering wheel icon is there, too.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
So this essentially is unofficially IDS? Does it draw calibrations from Ford or is there a server with all the firmware somewhere?

Coiled03

Established Member
So this essentially is unofficially IDS? Does it draw calibrations from Ford or is there a server with all the firmware somewhere?

Not sure what you're asking. All your doing is changing values in the modules in the PCM. You're not changing any firmware. FORScan reads what's already in your vehicle when you connect. You then change those values to values available in other trims/models, etc. If it's not compatible with your vehicle, it tells you, and it's not applied.

As long as you back up your as-built config files before you start, you can always revert to original values.

TaraFirma

Established Member
0C0F2F91-C4B1-46D8-9625-0154D1B6B544.jpeg
The Forscan mods are easy to do, and though some can be done through settings in he dash, others must be done with this software. I’ve changed asbuilt data on my F150, Fusion, and my GT350.
Fogs on with high beams is nice.
Double honk when you get out of the car while it’s running; shut that garbage off.
Also changed regular GT350 splash screen with GT350R splash screen.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know where to get the mustang file, I'll grab it and bring it over here this weekend.

I need to get this stuff and make some changes to the wife's mustang

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I think you can just turn DRLs off, but I'd have to read the sheet again.

Actually, to be clear, the information I provided is for F150s only, I believe. Fusions, and mustangs have their own spreadsheets, somewhere. I've not seen them because I don't need them.

Yeah, the icons for heated and cooled seats show up on the main screen of Sync 3 after the mod. They're functional, too, meaning you can touch them and turn the cooling/heating level up or down. Oh, and the heated steering wheel icon is there, too.
Can you use voice commands? I love to hit mic button and change temp, radio.

M91196

Established Member
Forscan was really beneficial when I wanted to add some factory options not included on my lowly 301A XLT.

I purchased the LED bed light kit from Ford and was able to enable the logic that made it function correctly.

Same with factory remote start and trailer brake controller.

When I went to larger tires I changed the settings to correct the speedo as well as the tire pressure placard and warning threshold for low air.

It does stuff that IDS users aren’t familiar with. If you ask a Ford tech to do the tire stuff they would be lost, isn’t gonna happen.

Global windows and the high beam /fog lights is nice too.

Last edited:

Myusername

Established Member
Subscribed. I’ve only turned off auto start/stop, added door buttons to my stx, and added trailer brake controller

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently you can NOT add memory seats to a mustang using forscan as the harness connector isn’t there to add the memory module

M91196

Established Member
Any figure how to make the mirrors fold in automatically when you turn the truck off?

I believe it’s possible, thought I remembered reading that they use settings from a Lincoln product that had folding upon park.

Check out the spreadsheet linked above, it will all make sense after a while.

Coiled03

Established Member
Why do so many hate the start/stop function?

I didn't mind it when it was seamless, and I couldn't feel it. That lasted for about a week. I don't know exactly what changed, but now, I can feel/hear it every time it happens, and I don't like it. Plus, there's a slight delay between when it starts again, and when you can go. Sometimes, I want to go NOW, like the instant I mash the pedal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread