Forums (not this one) are full of entitled jerks nowadays.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I have now reduced myself to just being on this forum. Everywhere else is increasingly full of internet jockeys who know very little about the vehicles they drive and often argue just to argue or quote "experts" or other online nonsense to prove their point without any real-world reference to what you may be talking about. On here we argue, but not just for the sake of it or for an "ah ha!" moment. The entitlement in society right now is becoming almost unbearable. End of rant.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Had someone argue with me that people with increasing numbers of failing 10R80s and/or 10R80s that shift worth shit were outliers although the evidence on many different forums as well as class action lawsuits say otherwise. They proceeded to screenshot the manual about the adaptive strategy arguing that it does not learn from how you drive but learns about itself. That may be in the manual, but for anyone who has ever driven one knows that it learns from how you drive and can majorly screw up it you go from your routine to stop and go, etc. Even with a tune. Ford techs even tell people that it learns from you.

I fully admitted that people on forums are a small subset of those out there, but there should really be no acceptable failures or malfunctions especially with as many years as these have been out there. Plus, many drivers may not realize their transmission's behavior is abnormal until it completely fails. It just seems like Ford, and GM, do not care enough about it. EVs are coming and they are often just putting out "good enough". I hate to see that with Ford.

That is just one example and the last straw. I was trying to help some folks out as well as be supportive of others and was told I am promoting a rhetoric and a narrative that is incorrect.

I guess these were Democrats obsessed with "mis/dis/mal information".

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have now reduced myself to just being on this forum. Everywhere else is increasingly full of internet jockeys who know very little about the vehicles they drive and often argue just to argue or quote "experts" or other online nonsense to prove their point without any real-world reference to what you may be talking about. On here we argue, but not just for the sake of it or for an "ah ha!" moment. The entitlement in society right now is becoming almost unbearable. End of rant.

You talking about Goose again?

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
That's every forum for as long as I've been on them. SVT isn't any different. I've seen some wildly stupid shit on here but at least there's a basic level of respect amongst everyone that isn't rocking the boat.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Or you can have this guy that can't believe car forums still exist. Facebook I tell you. I often wonder why I'm still on there...

He is a member in here I guess and just recently tried to log on.

9fd8817f60baaf15b1cedde9bc5ffe0f.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I don’t dabble in any other car forum besides this one.

The amount of nonsense I hear at the track or through acquaintances is astonishing. I can only imagine it’s amplified online.

I nod and say that’s awesome, knowing damn well most of the information is wrong. Not worth my time.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
The problem is with social media. In the old days, you bought copies of performance magazines and read about their builds, what cams, pistons, and heads and found a build that suited you. You hung around other like minded guys and picked up info that you could verify by how their cars worked. Now every internet warrior will jump on you because he goggled something that disagreed with a set up you are using to good measure. 85% don't know shit but want to knock you down a peg. Having an informed discussion amongst 10 people is easy, make it a crowd of 10,000 and it is just noise.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
The problem is with social media. In the old days, you bought copies of performance magazines and read about their builds, what cams, pistons, and heads and found a build that suited you. You hung around other like minded guys and picked up info that you could verify by how their cars worked. Now every internet warrior will jump on you because he goggled something that disagreed with a set up you are using to good measure. 85% don't know shit but want to knock you down a peg. Having an informed discussion amongst 10 people is easy, make it a crowd of 10,000 and it is just noise.
Exactly this.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Corvetteforum has been good. There are a lot of clowns on that site but there are also guys with very deep technical knowledge. The site is broken down by submodel. For my purposes it has been good.

1911 forum is also VERY good. Obviously a niche forum that is likely only going to attract a deeply knowledgeable audience.

Hellcat.org is pure comedy. It reflects the hellcat crowd which means that the vast majority of the audience is legitimately retarded. I only go on for entertainment, it really is that dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread