Forums

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
So, we all know Facebook put the hurt on online forums, it is interesting how some of the Mustang forums have evolved.

SVTP -- Managed to keep a core with interesting posting in many area's of life and automotive that keep people coming back.

6G -- Mustang spamming dream for parts companies.

ModdedMustangs -- The place Coyote owners abandoned for 6G & FB. Literal ghost town, why, MM was just bursting with Coyote stuff.

Corral -- Kept a pretty good parts and tech questions going, but the Lounge died, why? They have the people posting, strange.

Evolution -- Ghost town.

S197Forum -- Hanging on, shadow of self.

Speculate.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Hey Weatherman. You got me all excited with the mention of ModdedMustangs. I just took a look. Maybe I missed the action? Looked like a dud in regards to Coyote content?

I don't like the FB censorship, but benefit greatly from groups. I have had my own group since 14' and it has turned out quite well (7.8k members, no trolling). I wish I had a way to take it elsewhere, where I have full control.

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nukem1040

Established Member
I’m still on Corral and 6G even though they seem a bit dead. Same with 1993Cobra.com. It’s about dead because of FB. Would rather be on that forum than the FB one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Hey Weatherman. You got me all excited with the mention of ModdedMustangs. I just took a look. Maybe I missed the action? Looked like a dud in regards to Coyote content?

I don't like the FB censorship, but benefit greatly from groups. I have had my own group since 14' and it has turned out quite well (7.8k members, no trolling). I wish I had a way to take it elsewhere, where I have full control.

We can make you a home here on SVTP.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Always found good info over at modularfords as well. Not a member on that one. This is the only car forum I’m on.

Offshoreonly is one im part of and it’s pretty slow going. Heard they sold the site awhile back and that’s when it slowed down.

RiverDavesPlace is another one that’s super active but not my part of the country, so not quite my home forum.
The RDP forum platform is cool as far as usability pic/vid upload straight from the phone.

Don’t have FB. Sooo... sorry losers, you’re stuck with me ;)

MFE

Established Member
So, we all know Facebook put the hurt on online forums, it is interesting how some of the Mustang forums have evolved.

Corral -- Kept a pretty good parts and tech questions going, but the Lounge died, why? They have the people posting, strange.

As a longtime Corral member/moderator, I'm convinced the Lounge died because people kept telling themselves and each other that it was going to, when the site owner/founder sold the site to VerticalScope. And then BookFace took off in earnest.

coposrv

Established Member
I’m here to stay. I do really really really want to see a build section. A one stop for all the builds instead of sprinkled through out the site.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I was just thinking about S197 the other day. I haven't been on there in a while. Most of the guys were decent. But they were quick to run off new people and say that's how it's always been run. If you're not getting new members to stay you might want to rethink your approach.

But I think the guy that bought it has a lot to do with it as well. I can't remember his name off the top of my head. But he also owns SuperDutyDiesel and it's been slow for a long time. But Rock Auto gets their ads in.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I was just thinking about S197 the other day. I haven't been on there in a while. Most of the guys were decent. But they were quick to run off new people and say that's how it's always been run. If you're not getting new members to stay you might want to rethink your approach.

But I think the guy that bought it has a lot to do with it as well. I can't remember his name off the top of my head. But he also owns SuperDutyDiesel and it's been slow for a long time. But Rock Auto gets their ads in.

S197FORUM was always pretty serious with tech and didn't tolerate people who wouldn't pay attention to posting rules. When Coyote came out, members moved on from 3V, FB really slowed it down and then not enough members to defend against stupidity.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

That place rocked when 2011 Coyote came out.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member

SVTP -- Managed to keep a core with interesting posting in many area's of life and automotive that keep people coming back.

ModdedMustangs -- The place Coyote owners abandoned for 6G & FB. Literal ghost town, why, MM was just bursting with Coyote stuff.

Evolution -- Ghost town.

Speculate.
You missed TMO. I'd say it's doing fine.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Whatever happened to a Team Shelby?
I used to frequent that site when I had my GT500. The members seemed to be more of a simple fan club of Shelbys and spent most of their time congratulating each other on having a Shelby. It was not a good place talk tech or seek advice on auto issues or modifications.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Evolution -- Ghost town.

Speculate.

Modularfords.com still offers the best in the weeds tech content IMHO. Lacks fun content though and posts are like one a day. Surprised they survive.

SVTP has a nice mix.

Users who are viewing this thread