FOUND: 20 lbs Road Racing Wheels that fit the 13 GT500

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
After test fitting seven different wheels I finally found some wheels that are reasonably priced ($350) and fit over the 15" front rotors/calipers. Enkei PF01 18X9.5 wheel with 35mm offset and 1/8" wheel spacer fits. Cortex Racing has a 10.5" wheel that will be in production soon and be released in a few months. Next week I should have my hands on the prototype Enkei PF01 10.5" wheel to see if it clears the front brakes and stock struts. They have the 9.5" wide wheels in stock.

Link removed by Moderator.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
I would be shocked if the 10.5 fit stock struts. you will need an aftermarket front suspension change to make it work.

9.5 looks great that you have in the picture.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Great job finding that! 9.5 would be fine to run all the way around for road racing anyway to me....look really good though, that spacer does the trick

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
Thanks for the pics, I ordered the same color combo as you and I have a month left till the car comes in. The wait is killing me, car looks good though, I'm curious how it will look with the rims.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
That's a good looking wheel on the car. I was looking at those too for the back to drag race but went with the RPF1 wheel 18x10" +38mm. I tried my wheel on the front but those don't clear the caliper.

I went with the RPF1 simply because down the road if I sell the wheels they are VERY popular with the import crowd and I know they will go quickly. I also won't lose too much money wise since I got a wicked hookup for them and paid a lot less for them brand new so I can use them a while sell it and basically get my money back.

I can also hang on to them and now that you test fitted a PF01 and it fits in the front I can pick up 2 of those and with the RPF1's go lapping no problem (don't care that they don't match).

Post up once you get tires on those wheels with pics and please chime in about tire sensors with those wheels.

Tony

edit: nice ride, got the same thing but no stripes :D

Cman01

hello
Established Member
To the OE poster, did you try the PF01 on the car without the spacer and is your car lowered?

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
To the OE poster, did you try the PF01 on the car without the spacer and is your car lowered?

Yes I did try the wheel without the spacer. The wheel just barely touched the center support bolt on the caliper.

Yes the car has been lowered see signature Ford racing L springs.

The front will have Hoosier 275/35-18 and the rear will have 295/30-18

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Can't wait for you to post pics of the final product!
I bet its gonna look sick, save a bit of weight too, if I had the money for weight savings I'd do carbon rotors as well.

Van@RevanRacing

The 10.5's won't clear the front struts and would reduce turn radius due to rub. I had the Jongbloed wheel sent to me to test fit on my 2013 and it didn't fit the brake but when I did get it pushed all the way on there was less than an 1/8" of clearance between the rim and the shock up front. Off set and back space are nearly identical. To run a 10.5 up front would require an SLA

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
The 10.5's won't clear the front struts and would reduce turn radius due to rub. I had the Jongbloed wheel sent to me to test fit on my 2013 and it didn't fit the brake but when I did get it pushed all the way on there was less than an 1/8" of clearance between the rim and the shock up front. Off set and back space are nearly identical. To run a 10.5 up front would require an SLA

Are you running camber bolts or CC plates? Camber bolts with lots of camber reduces the clearance between the rim and strut. Ill post up what i find on the 10.5" wheels. I'm sure they will need 1/4" spacers and new studs.

Van@RevanRacing

Are you running camber bolts or CC plates? Camber bolts with lots of camber reduces the clearance between the rim and strut. Ill post up what i find on the 10.5" wheels. I'm sure they will need 1/4" spacers and new studs.

10.5" is just too wide of a rim and then it will look funny with too much spacer up front and the wheel could stick way out. I went down this road with my 2007 and even with an SLA it was difficult to fit 10.5" rims up front. Just trying to save you the time and effort. Been there done that. Heck, 10.5" wheels have a hard time fitting with a Griggs SLA in the ST chassis that uses the SN95 spindles. I eventually changed to the Griggs Aluminum Drop Spindle that provided more range and clearance for the 10.5" rims and Hoosier 315 R6's.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So Van, does a 10.5'' wheel fit better on SN95 cars with a SLA or still a PITA?? I'm asking but the Jongbloed split spokes on Cortex's website are sick and I need them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread