FOUND: 20 lbs Road Racing Wheels that fit the 13 GT500

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
FYI, the Team Dynamics Motorsports 18x9 and 18x10 wheels will fit as well and are nearly as light and inexpensive.

23f1960f.jpg

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
i have a set of volk racing te37 18x9.5" that weight 18 lbs , i try on mine 07 gt500 and it fit perfectly without using spacers, offset is et40 and are forged wheel, very light , anybody interested let me know.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Ok here are a few pictures with the wheels & tires installed. The tires are Hoosier R6 295/40-18 and will be used on all four corners. That size has the same OD as the factory front tires. I would have preferred 35's but Hoosier had these on sale for $120 each.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg
[/IMG]

MAYHEM13

Established Member
Question, New to the Cobra if i wanted to change my wheels should I try to keep 19's in front and 20's in back? didn't know if running same dia all the way around would make any difference. 2013 model

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Question, New to the Cobra if i wanted to change my wheels should I try to keep 19's in front and 20's in back? didn't know if running same dia all the way around would make any difference. 2013 model

Running the same size all the way around is ideal for road racing, in this case 18's for the OP with some good R6 tires.

You can keep your stock sizes or go 20's all the way around. Do a drag setup also...the possibilities are all there and up to what you want out of the car.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member

That's really up to you and the look you want to achieve. Running the same diameter wheel will not affect the function of the car. Tire OD is more important.

The wheel setup above is for function at a track and not looks. No one cares what your wheels look like at 160+

:beer:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Running the same size all the way around is ideal for road racing, in this case 18's for the OP with some good R6 tires.

You can keep your stock sizes or go 20's all the way around. Do a drag setup also...the possibilities are all there and up to what you want out of the car.

Doh beat me two it....

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Those are very nice.
I would be concerned about the wheels bending being that they are so light for a heavy car. Do you know what they are made out of?
That was a common issue with the FR500C wheels which were 21lbs.
Fikse made them I think.
Keep us updated on how these perform going around corners.
I'd pick up a set if they are strong enough to handle the car.

cluscher

Established Member
Ok here are a few pictures with the wheels & tires installed. The tires are Hoosier R6 295/40-18 and will be used on all four corners. That size has the same OD as the factory front tires. I would have preferred 35's but Hoosier had these on sale for $120 each.

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks great! Wondering how much negative camber you run and how much sidewall bulge you have.......it's hard to tell from the pics? Also, how many fingers can you fit between the tire and the damper?

Last edited:

RRDave

Established Member
Not in Houston !! I'm not into paying 10K over sticker. Picked it up in Austin.

WHAT??? Please post or PM the dealer name. I went to San Antonio to avoid the ridiculous Austin markups.

Apologies for being off-topic....

Last edited:

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
RPF/PF's have always been one of my favorite wheels. Looks awesome with the rest of the car.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Looks great! Wondering how much negative camber you run and how much sidewall bulge you have.......it's hard to tell from the pics? Also, how many fingers can you fit between the tire and the damper?

-1.4 Camber with MM caster camber plates

Not much sidewall bulge at all. Hoosier tires have a big rim guard and are like big rubber donuts.

Rim to strut was 1" with the tire mounted it's just under 3/4" clearance

WHAT??? Please post or PM the dealer name. I went to San Antonio to avoid the ridiculous Austin markups.

PM sent

RPF/PF's have always been one of my favorite wheels. Looks awesome with the rest of the car.

Thanks

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Same question as the Forgeline thread.....................which tire sensors are you using on the PF01 Enkei's? If OE did you reuse or buy new ones?

Users who are viewing this thread