• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
Discount Tire

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Discussion in 'Discount Tire' started by [email protected], Apr 9, 2010.

1. Matt@DTD

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

We try hard to offer the lowest delivered price on all the tires we carry. In fact, we have a dedicated department that shops the competition to make sure we are indeed the cheapest delivered price out there. We are human though and some prices fall through the cracks. If you've found one lower, we want to know! We will beat our competitions lowest delivered price (unit price + freight). We won't be undersold! Just keep in mind that most of our competitors don't show you the total price until you're in their shopping cart. For an accurate comparison, be sure to add their additional shipping charges to their base price.

There are two ways to contact us about our low price guarantee. The fastest way is by calling us at 1.888.459.4080 or your local Discount Tire/America's Tire store. All of our sales agents have the necessary on-line tools to look up the cheaper price and ensure you're getting the best possible deal. You can also submit the cheaper price on our websites at Discount Tire Direct.com or DiscountTire.com (SEE THE EXAMPLE BELOW). We will contact you within 1 business day (excluding Sunday) after you submit the lower price.

Founditlower.jpg

Discount Tire has been in business for 50 years and we have built relationships with all of the top tire and wheel manufacturers. We take pride in offering the lowest prices, the most choices and the best customer service in the industry. With your help, we can continue ensuring the best possible pricing! We appreciate your continued support and the opportunity for your future business.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. RusWolf

RusWolf Active Member Established Member

Can you guys get me Hankook RS3 version 1 tires?

Tire rack has then fir $220 each. Size 285/35/18

3. Matt@DTD

Thank you for the post.

We do not stock the 285/35R-18 RS-3 Z222. I reached out to Hankook earlier to see if they have stock available. I'm still waiting to hear back. I'll let you know what I find out.

4. Matt@DTD

Thank you for your continued patience RusWolf.

I just got off the line with Hankook and they no longer have the original RS-3 Z222 (140 TW) available.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  5. RusWolf

RusWolf Active Member Established Member

Got ya. Thanks for the update. I guess i will go through tire rack while they have them in stock..

6. SnakeBoostE85

SnakeBoostE85 whipped and korned Established Member

Discount tire is not much of a discount these days. I have to be honest. My most recent example is a set of Maxxis Big Horn 2.0 tires for my Polaris RZR. I paid 137.00 each for them delivered, discount tire direct was 163.00.

And not to mention the rip off for mounting at the local discount tire. I can get my tires mounted and balanced for 10.00 each at Walmart, no disposal fees, or other bullshit.

7. Discount Tire

Discount Tire Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

First and foremost, we appreciate that you took the time to share your honest feedback with us here, SnakeBoostE85. Consumer feedback is valuable to our organization in order for us to improve our products & services - I'll be sure to share your comments internally.

As for the 2.0 tires, what size/s did you go with? DTD is typically competitive with UTV/ATV product so I have a feeling something may have been missed on their end and I would like to share this with their marketing group.

Thank you again for sharing - we know there are a lot of competitors to choose from in the tire and wheel space, so thank you for giving us the opportunity to look into this.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  8. SnakeBoostE85

Thanks! So the tire sizes were 29-11x14 Rear and 29x9-14 Front

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/maxxis-tire-bighorn-2-0/p/35870#

@163.00 your basically just about the same price as any other big tire retailer out there. I bought these for 137.00 from Pure Offroad. I think they listed them for 153.00 but there was a coupon code that brought it down to 137.00.

How do you address the mounting and balancing costs at the stores? Discount Tire is probably thee most expensive place for raw mount and balance per tire. I also feel like I'm walking into a used car dealer when I go there.

9. Discount Tire

Thank you for the tire details, SnakeBoostE85 - I'll forward this to the support group. I'll add that it's difficult to comp competitor pricing when coupon codes are used, but nonetheless, if a competitor has a cheaper out the door price after coupon code, let us know and we'll still beat the price!

With regard to installation, the $20.00 in-store charge with the included FREE rotation and balance for the life of the tire, is geared towards passenger vehicles/trucks, so until there is a set price for OHV vehicle applications, my recommendation is to mention the cheaper competitor install price and I'm confident the store will work with you.

10. SnakeBoostE85

Thanks!! There was a day maybe up until about 2-3 years ago when you didn't even shop for tires, it was pretty much a waste of time. You just went to discount tire or discount tire direct and ordered what you needed because they were always the cheapest. That's not the case anymore though. I'm not sure whether discount raised their prices or the competition lowered theirs, but when you get online and shop for a tire, discount's pricing is pretty much right in line with the rest of the big tire retailers. My guess is they are trying to match you tit for tat, so if you lower your price online they will just match you.

Next time I need a tire, I will definitely work with you here though.

11. Discount Tire

Thank you, Snake - we'd love the opportunity to help you the next time you're in the market!

12. SnakeBoostE85

OK I need 2 Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S Drag Radials -

Discount Direct Price - 229.00 each

I can get them for 208.00 each from JEGS.com using their SAVEMORE discount code.

13. Discount Tire

Just sent you a PM, Snake - thank you for the opportunity!