Found/Buying a bike!

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Found a real clean and well priced 09 harley dyna street bob. Only problem is the guy still owes on the loan so he doesn't have the pink slip. I am paying cash. What is the best/safest route to take here to ensure the cash pays off the loan and I get the pink slip? Any help is greatly apreciated. :beer:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Found a real clean and well priced 09 harley dyna street bob. Only problem is the guy still owes on the loan so he doesn't have the pink slip. I am paying cash. What is the best/safest route to take here to ensure the cash pays off the loan and I get the pink slip? Any help is greatly apreciated. :beer:

Deal directly with his bank. Get the information on which bank financed the bike as well as the account number. The bank will then be able to work with you on getting you the title etc. They can also then give him confirmation that the loan was paid in full.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Yep. Pay his bank directly. They'll mail the title to you if they don't have it at the local branch.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
all the used models i'm finding are 10-13k from 09-11...I see they have 2013's on the hd site for 13k but thats before taxes and lic and all that ish...where do u see used 13's going for that cheap??

Last edited:

flash0080

Established Member
You have to work with the dealer. A buddy just bought one 2 days ago. 12900 out the door.

Used bikes are almost the same price as new.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
You have to work with the dealer. A buddy just bought one 2 days ago. 12900 out the door.

Used bikes are almost the same price as new.

WHATTT!!?? That would be an insane deal. I actually find that very hard to believe. I talked to a dealer today and 15k was the best I could get.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread