Four Post Car Lifts

RJY

Established Member
Hey guys, any of you have four post car lifts? If so, which brand and/or what kind of experience have you had? I'm in the market for one...thanks.

cele3

Established Member
Since I bought several and use them only for storage, I bought the cheap 7,000 lb. lifts from Panther Lifts. I initially bought 12 and ordered another 7 yesterday. Based on that volume, I got a decent discount. If I recall, I paid $1,475 or $1,450 per lift and got an even deeper discount on shipping.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
RJY said:
Hey guys, any of you have four post car lifts? If so, which brand and/or what kind of experience have you had? I'm in the market for one...thanks.

If you are planning on using the lift and being under a car on the lift, it is wise to do some homework. These lifts do vary in quality and usually the price dictates the quality. I would start with the free video from Backyard Buddy, and then go from there. Here is a link to their homepage.....

http://www.backyardbuddy.com/

Click on the "side-by-side" comparision tab, and also the "video" tab. Yes, they are more expensive, considerably more in some cases. I guess it would depend upon your particular use for the lift.

R

Last edited:

RJY

Established Member
Rob, any issues with the Panther lifts? How do they compare with others, other than price? Thanks for the input!

R Model

Regular Guy
Established Member
I have had a Backyard Buddy for several years now. I also ordered several accessories at the time of the original purchase and have ordered a few more over the years. Some of them, like the rolling jack stand(s) and the wheel kit are very useful. Overall, it has held up well and continues to provide great functionality. And their Customer Service has been good too.

Hope this helps!

Steve

cele3

Established Member
RJY said:
Rob, any issues with the Panther lifts? How do they compare with others, other than price? Thanks for the input!

No issues at all. I've been impressed with the product and the customer service I've received.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
cele3 said:
No issues at all. I've been impressed with the product and the customer service I've received.

Rob, Are these lifts sourced from Derek Weaver up in your area???

www.derekweaver.com prices seem very resonable and he will make a better deal when you call.

I have never used him but a good friend just bought 4 lifts from him.... so I will see what the quality is before I purchase.

Last edited:

cele3

Established Member
I initially contacted Panther Lifts who then referred me to the distributor because of the quantity I wanted to order. So, I ended up dealing directly with the distributor. The Derek Weaver #7 lift looks identical to the 7,000 lb. Panther Lifts I purchased. I would guess that they are the same, just branded differently. The "options" like drip trays, casters and jack tray that Derek Weaver lists for an extra cost were included with my Panther Lifts for free.

cobra186 said:
Rob, Are these lifts sourced from Derek Weaver up in your area???

www.derekweaver.com prices seem very resonable and he will make a better deal when you call.

I have never used him but a good friend just bought 4 lifts from him.... so I will see what the quality is before I purchase.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
He offers the trays, casters, and jack on the 4 post for $1500 when you call for a price quote.

My buddy just ordered a 2 post lift, (2) 4 post lifts w/freebees and a motorcycle lift from Derek. I'm interested to see the build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread