Fox brake upgrade

Brian1118

Currently I’ve got 94-95 spindles and I’m looking to put some brakes on, im looking at the 99-04 GT calipers for about $75per or the cobras for about $120per, this will be mostly a street car it will not see road courses and very rarely see the strip, are the cobras worth the extra money for a street car? Also if anyone has a cheaper price for them I’d be grateful. Thanks

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I think the differance is going to be the rotors which are 13 inch .
Calipers are I think the same .

I may be mistaken , bore size might be different .

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The PBR (GT) are actually a better caliper than the Cobra, if I remember correctly.
However the 13" Cobra rotors have more leverage, and produce less heat.
Now, do you need the 13" and lower temps on the street? That's up to you.

Brian1118

The PBR (GT) are actually a better caliper than the Cobra, if I remember correctly.
However the 13" Cobra rotors have more leverage, and produce less heat.
Now, do you need the 13" and lower temps on the street? That's up to you.

Thanks, I ended up finding that raybestos makes the cobras brand new without core charge for $72 from summit.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yes the dual piston calipers are better and you run the 13 inch rotor. I got mine super cheap because they are PBR’s with no cobra logo. Do yourself a favor and get the J&M stainless lines made for the swap so no adapters are needed.

As far as the rear the calipers are the same for all the models but the bracket and pads are different. I’m in the middle of this swap right now.

Users who are viewing this thread