Fox Lake Racing

dunndeal

Established Member
Many of you are probably aware of Ron @ Fox Lake as one of the very best builders of high performance cylinder heads. This past Monday we were in Ontario, CA at Accufab Racing to pick up the 2005 Ford GT short block that John Mehovitz built for me.
In passing I mentioned that Fox Lake had done my Navigator twin cam heads. John said 'you got in under the wire, Ron just closed his shop and retired'.

Enjoy your retirement, Ron, you've earned it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Many of you are probably aware of Ron @ Fox Lake as one of the very best builders of high performance cylinder heads. This past Monday we were in Ontario, CA at Accufab Racing to pick up the 2005 Ford GT short block that John Mehovitz built for me.
In passing I mentioned that Fox Lake had done my Navigator twin cam heads. John said 'you got in under the wire, Ron just closed his shop and retired'.

Enjoy your retirement, Ron, you've earned it.

Did he have anyone apprenticing under him?

coposrv

Established Member
I talked to Ron late summer last year at length. He told me he was going to hang it up. Didn’t seem to have his heart in it. At that time the business was going to be closed vs sold.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

dunndeal

Established Member
Here's a screenshot of his website:

Farewell

It is with a heavy heart that i am closing Fox Lake Power Products. I have lived the dream of helping Ford guys go fast for 28 years, but now it’s time to move on.

A big thank you goes out to the loyal employees and die-hard Ford enthusiast that I had the pleasure to serve for a long time.

Friday, April 30th, 2021, will be my last official day as I have to finish up the few last jobs that I am working on. I am not taking in any more work. Now it’s time to slow down and spend more time with my wife and grandchildren. Most of the equipment has already been sold, but the Fox Lake Power Products name is available for sale if anyone wants to make Fox Lake Power Products great again. I am able to help as a consultant with a relaunch if someone wishes to purchase the company.

Keep the big blue oval banner flying high, and good luck.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I had gt40p heads ported there in 1998, as it was located within an hour of my parents home.

Sonny Black

Go Bills!
Established Member
Damn. I just tried to find their site and saw that they were permanently closed. Fox Lake did the heads on my 2V.

I was shopping for a Foxbody and if successful, was going to have them build a 331 for me. Sucks.

Good for Ron though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ron is definitely missed. It would be great if a few alternative shop names were posted in this thread for those who need the info.

Ohshyyt29582

hold on mildred!
Established Member
Have started hearing things about Frankenstein heads... No personal experience with them, but have a few LS friends who swear by them

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother and I met Ron selling badass ported heads off the back of his Ranger at Norwalk back around 2000. We had a sweet set of Canfield SBF heads on a 357 then 418 from Ron.
Happy retirement Ron!
-J

Adower

Established Member
Nope I have friends with both Coyote and GT500 heads.
Porting is all about airflow. If you can port one you can port them all.
-J
Ah ok. Their website only show gm and dodge stuff. Good to know!

Users who are viewing this thread