Fox vs. 2 coyotes and an LS3 Corvette

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
My car is a '91 331 Turbo Fox with a T56 with 7psi. I was on 325/45/17 M&H Drag Radials.

C6 LS3 T56 Corvette:
On Wednesday last week, I was cruising on HWY 1 north of Monterey and headed towards San Jose, and a C6 Corvette LS3 with a 6-speed passed me. I followed for a while and after about 15 minutes, he slowed down a bit. I tried to go around him, but when I pulled up on his left, he sped up and kept his front tire at around my front bumper. I had the boost controller unplugged and was running on the 7 psi spring in the wastegate in my '91 Turbo fox. I dropped into 3rd and tried to convince him to take the hit. I even stabbed the throttle a couple times trying to get him to jump, but the guy really wanted me to go first. So, eventually I did. It was a race from just less than 60 mph. The tires stuck pretty decently, and since he gave me the hit, I jumped out on him, shifted to 4th, took it up to around 130, and he was probably 7-8 car lengths back. When we ran again, the result was pretty much the same. We took the same exit and had a quick chat before parting ways. He told me about his car and that it was stock. I thanked him for the races.

'15+ Coyote
On Friday night, I went out to the local street races. On the cruise out there, a '15+ Mustang pulled up beside me, and was pretty blatant in dropping gears. I played with him a little, and we got several runs in. Again it was a 50+ roll starting in 3rd gear for me. It was pretty clearly stock or close to it. After the first couple of races, when he wanted to go again, I just hung directly next to him until fourth before finally matting it and jumping out a few cars before shutting down.

'14- Coyote
Finally, on the way back, a '13-14-ish style coyote that made a couple passes at the races against some slower cars wanted to play. He was pretty smart in getting me to slow down for him. We dropped to around 30-35 mph and I went from 2nd gear in all but the last race. I also gave him the hit. On the first race, he hooked up pretty well, but I was all over the place in 2nd, then I shifted hard into 3rd and lost traction again. He managed to jump out around 2 cars, maybe 3. Towards the top of 3rd gear, my fox hooked up and reeled him back in. I hit 4th side by side with him, and then jumped out a few cars by the top of 4th. In the second race, I got so sideways at the top of 3rd that I had to let out. We ran a few more times, and my results in each of the following races improved because I took it easier getting into the throttle and shifting to try and avoid traction issues. In the final race, I brought him up to run me starting in 3rd where I knew I'd get traction. In that race, he was only able to get about a fender lead in the split second after he took the hit. Then, I pretty quickly ran by him to the top of 4th.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how the car is running. I'm looking forward to linking up with a buddy with a Hellcat Challenger soon.

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
Gotcha. I prefer the street racing forum to the video forum, and also I'd prefer not to post irrefutable evidence, lol.

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
Er... Military guy here. I remember 185, now. I live in California, near Monterey, now.

Users who are viewing this thread