FP duty cycle with BAP is high

fullboogie

Established Member
Cruising and at idle, I'm showing 15-16%. At the top of a third gear run, when my shift light goes off at 6k, it's bumping up to 48-49%. I'm taking my readings off the Aeroforce gauge, which I assume to be fairly accurate. I can log through Livelink if necessary.

I've got stock pumps/injectors with a TVS and a 2.4" pulley, 123mm CAI, etc. The last dyno was approximately 650/650 (don't have it handy to look at) with 18lbs of boost. The duty cycle seems high considering I'm running the 17.5V BAP - I was really expecting more headroom with this relatively mild setup.

This has me wondering: is it possible one of the BAP drivers has gone bad? Or wired incorrectly? Or is a 98% duty cycle to be expected given the parts and HP I'm seeing? I am also thinking I should log FP duty cycle with Livelink, but I recall seeing half a dozen PID's relating to duty cycle. Which one is the "actual" signal vs. the one Aeroforce uses (I think it's something like fp_duty_cycle or fp_dcycle)?

Last question - if all this is normal for stock pumps and a BAP, I will assume the cure is to get aftermarket pumps. What is the general consensus on a decent upgrade that won't break the bank? I do not plan to make any more mods to the car.

Fuel filter is brand new, by the way.

fullboogie

Established Member
No Hobbs switch, Van - the wires are tied together. The PID on the Aeroforce is the only one available to pick. I'll get on Livelink and do some more logs.

Now another question - which PID to I log in Livelink to log actual FP voltage?

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Cruising and at idle, I'm showing 15-16%. At the top of a third gear run, when my shift light goes off at 6k, it's bumping up to 48-49%. I'm taking my readings off the Aeroforce gauge, which I assume to be fairly accurate. I can log through Livelink if necessary.

I've got stock pumps/injectors with a TVS and a 2.4" pulley, 123mm CAI, etc. The last dyno was approximately 650/650 (don't have it handy to look at) with 18lbs of boost. The duty cycle seems high considering I'm running the 17.5V BAP - I was really expecting more headroom with this relatively mild setup.

This has me wondering: is it possible one of the BAP drivers has gone bad? Or wired incorrectly? Or is a 98% duty cycle to be expected given the parts and HP I'm seeing? I am also thinking I should log FP duty cycle with Livelink, but I recall seeing half a dozen PID's relating to duty cycle. Which one is the "actual" signal vs. the one Aeroforce uses (I think it's something like fp_duty_cycle or fp_dcycle)?

Last question - if all this is normal for stock pumps and a BAP, I will assume the cure is to get aftermarket pumps. What is the general consensus on a decent upgrade that won't break the bank? I do not plan to make any more mods to the car.

Fuel filter is brand new, by the way.

confused by the numbers posted Dave.

As to the upgrade, talk to Jeremy at S&H, he can throw some 405s (iirc) in and give you tons of room on gasoline.

as to DC - I think this is the PID "RTLS_FPUMP_DTYC" based off the logs I have from a dyno day.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Thanks Dave. As far as the numbers, Aeroforce only gives you one choice for FP Duty Cycle monitoring, so the displayed value is 1/2 of actual value. So the 48-49% displayed by the gauge is actually 96-98%. At least that's my understanding - and I don't think there's any way my actual FP duty cycle is 48-49% with stock pumps/injectors and a BAP.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
confused by the numbers posted Dave.

As to the upgrade, talk to Jeremy at S&H, he can throw some 405s (iirc) in and give you tons of room on gasoline.

as to DC - I think this is the PID "RTLS_FPUMP_DTYC" based off the logs I have from a dyno day.

Because there are two pumps, you double the number.

It has a lot to do with your stock injectors. Your pumps will have a lot more capability with larger injectors. I'm still on stock pumps and a bap, and am now at their limit. When I was running the stock injectors, I maxed out my pumps at nearly 150 less hp than I'm making now. Once I installed the ID1000's, pump duty cycle dropped by a substantial amount.

fullboogie

Established Member
After reading some posts asking about this topic, there seems to be a lot of guys running stock injectors and no BAP at my power level with lower FP duty cycles. I can't help but wonder if the BAP is working properly - due to error in my installation or whatever. I think I need to log fp voltage and get back with you guys.

So my next question is - will the fp voltage read 17.5 as per the BAP advertised output?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Thanks Dave. As far as the numbers, Aeroforce only gives you one choice for FP Duty Cycle monitoring, so the displayed value is 1/2 of actual value. So the 48-49% displayed by the gauge is actually 96-98%. At least that's my understanding - and I don't think there's any way my actual FP duty cycle is 48-49% with stock pumps/injectors and a BAP.

Because there are two pumps, you double the number.

gotcha, thanks, :beer:

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Silly thought, but could a simple blown fuse on one channel of the BAP cause this? I had one pop on me and it caused the car to act weird. Thankfully i didnt get into the boost at the time. Maybe its something simple like that?

fullboogie

Established Member
If that's the case, Van, what can I do to prevent blown fuses? I replaced the ones in the fuse box with the ones supplied in the kit.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I'm gonna say your injectors are maxing out. Hook up live link.

fullboogie

Established Member
I'm gonna say your injectors are maxing out. Hook up live link.

Nope. Livelink shows me in the low 90% range on the injectors (last time I logged).

Might have to increase the ampacity of the fuse because you're running the BAP full time.

I'll check out the fuses in the trunk and under the hood this evening. The whole reason I questioned this in the first place is because the last time I logged, I was in the very low 90% range. Now I'm suddenly at 98-99%? Didn't add up.

enormous

Established Member
Yesterday I dyno'd my 08 with a 2013 TVS, BAP, 2.396 pulley and 127 JLT, 66mm L&M TB. Numbers on 94 octane were 674 RWHP and 646 RWTQ on Dynojet.
He said my injector duty cycle was 97 % from 6300 to 6500 RPM and fuel pressure was good indicating the Kenne Bell twin BAP was working well.. He left it and said I will be fine on the street and shift before 6300 rpm.
I may look into the 57 pound injectors that the 2013 Shelby uses, I have stock 47#.

fullboogie

Established Member
No go, guys - voltage into both FPDM's is 17.28 volts at idle, and obviously all fuses are good. Open to ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread