Free, Easy and Effective shifter mod

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
The stock shifter is too far forward for my comfort. While I will be putting in a replacement stick soon, I found that by simply rotating the shifter knob 180 degrees (so it's upside down) moves it it just enough back toward the driver to make it comfortable. Try it, and I think you'll agree it's much better.

Barely Legal

Established Member
That's the sole reason I have not bought the car. I'm 6' 5" and can't reach the shifter in third. How much does your mod tilt it back???

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
It tilts it back about 1/2-3/4" - just enough so that I don't have to pull my shoulder off the seat to shift - and I can put my arm on the rest while its on the shifter. It could still go back another 1/2-1" - that's why I've purchased a new handle from MGW - It's fully adjustable and you can insulate it as much or as little as you want. It's only $35

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
I second the motion on the MGW handle... I'm 6'2" and their handle solves the reach issue... It has adjustments for height and reach... Great item! Try it before going for the $200+ shifters.

Their Cobra logo knob tops it off perfectly. Lots of compliments this weekend...

Peter

:beer:

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Sky,

I took some pix tonight, went to post 'em, and got a file-too-big message.

I can e-mail you a few.... What's your address?

I'll also take more pix in a lower resolution later this week.

Peter M

[email protected]

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread