Free Shorty Antenna Mod, looks much better than stock, you can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
all you need is a dremel type tool, adjustable "crescent" wrench, superglue and maybe black spray paint. what you do is take off your antenna, and adjust the wrench for alittle bigger than the size of the antenna, and in a sliding motion, "wack" the little ball on the end (becareful not to loose it because it will fly off) after a couple of "wacks" it will come off as it is pressed on the end. then take your "dremel" tool and cut the antenna at approx. 18" i cut mine very close to the same height of the cab (eyeballing it) which is right at 18". then take your dremel and use the grinding wheel to shave down the size of the antenna (it gets bigger as it gets closer to the carside with the threads on it) to fit the hole in the little ball. once you have it small enough (do this in increments) you can actually "press" the antenna back into the ball if you didn't go to far by just placing it on the "new" end and hitting it on the ground but for extra insurance that it didn't fall off i put a dab of superglue on it, then you are finished, if you scuffed the antenna/ball while getting the ball off, some regular black spray paint works great. it takes about 10-15 mins tops. i have had mine done like this for about 6 months

before
GT500004.jpg

after
19rs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread