Friends Evo vs Z06 We're dead....

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
So on the way to work today my buddy is behind a Z06. Now mind you He's in an Evo 9 with some upgrades but its not as fast as he thinks it is. I have and 03 Termi and i kill him once I and deep into second and up. But anyways, He's one of those import this and import that all day, muscle cars are slow blah blah blah.
Well we follow this Z06 and hes trash talking it about how its over rated, He'd never own one and he's been wanting to run one but they are too scared to run him. I think its bc they dont want to waste fuel on his car. Well as the stars aligned, what do you know, we end up at a red light next to him with an open road. So being the good friend I am and lover of American Muscle Cars, I shout over to the guy that my buddy thinks your Z06 is over rated and no one ever wants to race him. The gentleman in the Z06 kindly excepts the challenge with a smile.
The Evo builds up boost while waiting for the light to change, It goes green and we're off. We jump out ahead for maybe first gear, once the Evo hit second all i could hear was the sweet sound of that Vette. My buddy proceeded to pound the gears and the Vette kept pulling and puling.
The Vette shuts down (hitting the brakes) and my friend does the typical fly by. We get door to door again and I throw a thumbs up. The Z06 said nice dig to my friend and took off, giving us a little show as he left.
I figured right there he'd have some respect for that car. Man was I WORNG!!! He came up with every excuse in the book. 'He's not stock" "I over boosted my motor" "I think my clutch was slipping"
I finally politely told him, No buddy you just got your ass handed to you. I'm not against the ricers, some of them are pretty fast and are sleepers but i hate the whole talk of import import import all the damn time!
I guess I just had to vent a little and share my lame loss. hahaha

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I knew your friend was clueless when he said a Z06 is "overrarted" I assume it was a C6Z06?

c5 Z06's are nothing to sleep on either.

How do you overboost your engine? Doesn't the waste-gate kick-in to prevent that?

I am not a turbo guy so may be a common thing to overboost?? Or did he lose traction again doubtful in an all wheel drive car

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Good death, glad you were there maybe the loss will sink in and he will have a little more respect next time.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice to finally get a point of view from inside the car of a ricer driving. Tell your friend nice death, he deserved it.

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
I knew your friend was clueless when he said a Z06 is "overrarted" I assume it was a C6Z06?

c5 Z06's are nothing to sleep on either.

How do you overboost your engine? Doesn't the waste-gate kick-in to prevent that?

I am not a turbo guy so may be a common thing to overboost?? Or did he lose traction again doubtful in an all wheel drive car

I'm not a turbo guys either but I'm still not sure what over boosting is lol. Yes it was a C6Z06 I believe. Wicked fast. I'm sure he'll never respect the guy but it was just funny to think about. Now hes been talking about a 'build" he is going to do that will cost him around 7K lol. Oh boy here we go.:coolman:

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
Oh another thing, His other response was, I'll just call my other buddy with an Evo, Its faster nad would walk him... I'm like damn man, take your loss.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Oh another thing, His other response was, I'll just call my other buddy with an Evo, Its faster nad would walk him... I'm like damn man, take your loss.

Again your friend sounds like a ricer. What does his friend's car have to do with his car losing?

Always someone faster out there... that is the lesson your friend needs to learn.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
not a very good friend are you...... :poke:

nice instigating! :beer:

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
not a very good friend are you...... :poke:

nice instigating! :beer:

HAHAHA I had to. :lol: I knew the outcome. I about lost it when he kept saying that Z06's were scared to run him. :bs: So then the racing gods gave me the perfect opportunity!!! It was magical. That Vette sunded SOOOOOO nice as we were sucking his gas fumes lol.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Your buddy is a ****ing dumbass.

Overboost an Evo? Is there even such a thing when it comes to that motor?

Maybe if he hit fuel cut (if evos even have that like a dsm) but that would be very noticeable because your faces will smash the dashboard as its like an anchor drops out the back.

Theres boost creep when the wastegate can no longer redirect enough exgaust around the exducer wheel so the boost continues to creep up and build instead of settling at its set limit. But that just gives you more power at the sake of your engine longevity. The only way it hurts power is if the added boost causes predetonation/knock and your ecu starts retarding timing to compensate.

He would need to be a pretty tuned e85 stock turbo car or upgraded turbo setup to go up against a C5z let alone a C6 or a C6z. Its sad how many car owners are so oblivious to where they stand in the food chain.

How do you continue to hang out with someone that stupid?

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
He's my ride to work at the moment, but I think he was shunned as a child. He's a good guy just doesn't like knowing he got beat. :??:

tell him to grab his balls and suck it up. There is always someone faster. Especially if hes on the stock turbo and motor. A stock coyote would beat him. BTW, tell him he didnt over boost shit, he would know if the clutch was slipping(so would you), and regardless if he was stock or not, you pick a race with an unknown car, you get what you get. Typical ricer retard IMO. I hate people like that. How about, "wow, I got my ass kicked", its not hard.

Users who are viewing this thread