From the archive: IROC vs. 5.0

lilcoop03

Established Member
You mean it doesn't stand for Italian Retard Out Cruisin'?
1659443180463.png

lilcoop03

Established Member
In high school, I had a super clean black '89 IROC with the 305/5spd. I loved the car. It was definitely more torquey than fast.. Best I could get out of it stock was about a 9.0 in the 1/8th mile. I ended up putting a cam in it but sold it before I took it back to the track. The car would do awesome donuts!

EDIT: I also had a hell of a system in this car- 2 JL 12" subs built in to the "hole" in the back under the hatchback glass, JBL mids in the B pillars and dash, and 4 tweeters. Absolutely slammed and you could hear me coming 2 miles away. I can't believe I liked shit like that so much because I absolutely cannot stand it now! Haha

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I have always been a ford/mustang guy, but there is something about an IROC. When I was a kid I had a friend whose dad had an 88 IROC 5.7. It was black on black and sinister AF. As much as I love fox bodies of the era I do have a soft spot for IROCs too.

seann-william-scott-yes.gif

This Thread smells like Mountain Dew, Bud lite and Marlboros.

Also, seem to be hearing some journey in the background....

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This was my car in HS, 5.7L T Top. I put the 91 front spoiler on it. This picture was taken on grad in the school parking lot. VP was not impressed but the picture made the yearbook! Lol.

View attachment 1756729

Bitches be getting pregnant by merely looking at this picture.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Found an old pic of me and my Navy buds and the T-type. We were cocky as hell. Ha!
32504_459485802537_1622199_n.jpg

Had an accident with the car when the passenger side got side swiped. I said what the hell and had it painted black and swapped out the wheels and bumpers.
View attachment 1756733
Did you even lift brah?

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Bitches be getting pregnant by merely looking at this picture.
One day a guy from school came up to me saying how his brothers car would rock mine, had work done to it blah blah. Told him to bring it to school and Id race him. A couple weeks go by and he comes up to me and says he has the car in the parking lot and wants to line them up. We raced them right in front of the school with a ton a spectators. I checked his VIN before the race and saw it was a 305. I knew what was going to happen before we raced, man good times.

Which IROC has the 5.7L?
1659458208372.png

VegasMichael

Established Member
One day a guy from school came up to me saying how his brothers car would rock mine, had work done to it blah blah. Told him to bring it to school and Id race him. A couple weeks go by and he comes up to me and says he has the car in the parking lot and wants to line them up. We raced them right in front of the school with a ton a spectators. I checked his VIN before the race and saw it was a 305. I knew what was going to happen before we raced, man good times.

Which IROC has the 5.7L?
View attachment 1756751
That's awesome.
I swear to God, even though I have way more $$$ now I was way happier back in the day when I would run out of $$$ before payday.

Rambro

Established Member
The 5.0 was 4 tenths slower than the iroc? Was the mustang driver making a sandwich between shifts? My 89 lx 5.0 5 speed would always beat the local duder’s 350 iroc maro. Didn’t the 86 5.0 have the awful peanut heads?

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
Im kinda surprised no one has mentioned the 20th anniversary Trans Am with the Buick Grand National turbo 6 in its day that car spanked everything I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread