Front bumper cover replacement

JoeRacer

Established Member
So my 93 Cobra's front bumper cover was slightly mauled when the car was being loaded on a trailer. I don't think it is repairable because there is an actual rip/tear in the bumper cover by the fog light. So I was wondering which cover I should be ordering to replace it:

LRS 1987-93-Mustang-GT-Front-Bumper-Cover

LRS 1987-93-Mustang-93-Cobra-Style-Front-Bumper-Cover-Kit

The "Cobra Style Kit" is just a GT bumper cover with one of the 93 Cobra grill inserts. Is it possible to take the grill insert off of my current bumper and transfer it to the GT bumper cover?

Any advice on getting this fixed is appreciated, I'm seriously bummed right now that my car got hurt and I just want to get it fixed. Thanks!

buddha93

Established Member
All you need is the latter link. The Cobra bumpers were nothing more then a GT bumper, which was then cut with running pony insert. The second kit has everything you need, including the template to make the cut.

I'm not sure how bad you bumper is, but you would be surprise what you can fix. Kinda depends on if you want to preserve the OEM one.

JoeRacer

Established Member
So the insert from my factory bumper can't just be transfered to a new GT bumper after I cut it? I have to buy a new insert and a new bumper?

I just had knee surgery and the car is at a friend's house, it will be a week or two before I get back over there to deal with it but I'll get some pics and post them up of the damage :cuss:

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, you could if you wanted. I guess I just always think for a few more bucks, get the whole thing so you don't have to mess with the other one.

Users who are viewing this thread