Front Camber

c. love

Established Member
For what? Street?

I think my car is about -2 degrees. Some is dependent on preference, what you're doing with the car, tires you're running etc.

I dont know what stock is off hand but its probably less like -1.5. Or maybe 1 but McPhearson suspension always has a little negative camber

c. love

Established Member
Its -.75 stock. for the average joe (guessing you) 2 is excessive. It wont kill your tires if toe is within spec but you will want less

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Just DD and the occasional auto cross. I dialed the camber bolts back to negative two. Embarrassed to say how negative they once were. Tire wear was surprisingly even (255/45/18 fronts).

c. love

Established Member
^ he is right!!!!! Your cars gonna explode and cause a zombie apocalypse!!!!! Its not concerning but something you will want to correct sooner than later. . Its an easy fix-plates or cheap camber bolts.

I run more camber because of wheels and modified steering angle . My old car i ran -5 degrees, granted it was a dif. Chassis and had way more steering angle. Actually if my car was the caliber of machine my old car was i would probably run a bit more camber on it--but its a dual duty car

Also many autox guys run way more aggressive camber than 2.

Keep the toe in line and tires will last for along while. Its toe that eats tires

Last edited:

c. love

Established Member
Just DD and the occasional auto cross. I dialed the camber bolts back to negative two. Embarrassed to say how negative they once were. Tire wear was surprisingly even (255/45/18 fronts).
You will need plates then. Like i said mine is at -2 and nothing is wrong

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Honestly I just took my camber/caster plates and adjusted camber until at full lock the wheel on the inside of the turn is flat. Has had no negative wear on my tires.
285/35/19 on all four corners.

No idea what the actual camber adjustment is. Just with the giant front wheels and that camber if the road isn't smooth the car tracks like holy hell.

scott_0

Established Member
it's a bit much for the street, as said if toe is right it won't eat the insides excessively, -1.5 is the limits of spec, if you don't wanna put money out for adjustable plates, get gt500 and mount them reversed (arrows in) and you'll have much less than -2

Users who are viewing this thread