Front License Plate?

Do you have a Front License Plate?

• Yes, it is req'd in my state and I obey every law.

Votes: 120 13.2%
  • Yes, I like to deface automotive art even though its not req'd in my state.

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • No, its not req'd in my state.

Votes: 165 18.2%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!... Although it is req'd in my state, I'll take the risk.

Votes: 615 67.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
flsupraguy said:
Visit your local Lowes or Home Depot. They have the plugs you need to fill in your bumper. You might want to get some touch up paint for your car and paint them, they should just "clip" right in.

yes i did the same

sunburst six

Established Member
MarcInHawaii said:
I put the drill-less bracket on mine yesterday. I don't like having a front plate, but Hawaii is anal about this and it is a $90 fine. I found my bracket here and got it shipped to my house for $38.00.

Free advertising. :thumbsup:

hurtindude

Banned
my car is not equipped to mount a front plate,, no holes,,, just a clean front bumper.. I like it that way, anyone asks, it came that way from the factory...

When i did buy the car from a used car dealer w/ 3000 miles on it, the dealer came out w/ a drill to mount a front plate... I was like yo,, you do that and i'll burn your damn dealership down to the ground.. He shot me a surprised look, and i shot him a glare that reflected my seriousness. Then he wanted to put a sticker w/ his dealership name on my back bumper... He again got the warning... I told him if you want to PAY ME to advertise for you, i may consider letting you put that sticker on what is now MY car,, but otherwise, get the **** away from it with that crap.. I wasn't even nice about it, and no i don't feel bad about it...

YoungJim

Established Member
What about the idea of a sticker for a front license plate? The technology exists, make it so you can get it off your bumper if you sell it or whatever. Not rocket surgery. Hell, I'd even pay an extra fee for the trouble.

PhotonSabreX

Motor City Slicker
Established Member
...this is why I'm keeping my Michigan PLATE (as in one!). There's no way in hell I'm going to put a plate on the front of my car. I'm only going to be in California until summer '07, so I can't justify getting Cali plates for such a short amount of time. If I get pulled over, I'll tell the officer "that I just moved here", regardless of how much time actually elapsed since I came out.

I think having plates in the front is a stupid ass rule anyway. There's really no substantial point to it other than the fact that it gives officers one more reason they don't need when they feel like creeping, being annoying, or just giving people a hard time. Not to be taken the wrong way, my step-pop is Assistant Deputy Chief of the Detroit Police, but I'm just saying. We all know that some rules exist only to be abused. I think the front license plate deal is one of them.

kuruma

Established Member
I was rumaging through NJ state statutes. Here is what I found. It seems that it is the same thing and in court should be admissable to put it in your windshield...

39:3-33. Markers; requirements concerning; display of fictitious or wrong numbers, etc.; punishment
39:3-33. The owner of an automobile which is driven on the public highways of this State shall display not less than 12 inches nor more than 48 inches from the ground in a horizontal position, and in such a way as not to swing, an identification mark or marks to be furnished by the division; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle; and provided, further, that the rear identification mark may be displayed more than 48 inches from the ground on tank trucks, trailers and other commercial vehicles carrying inflammable liquids and on sanitation vehicles which are used to collect, transport and dispose of garbage, solid wastes and refuse. Motorcycles shall also display an identification mark or marks; provided, that if two marks are issued they shall be displayed on the front and rear of the motorcycle; and provided, further, that if only one mark is issued it shall be displayed on the rear of the motorcycle.

The identification mark or marks shall contain the number of the registration certificate of the vehicle and shall be of such design and material as prescribed pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1989, c.202 (C.39:3-33.9). All identification marks shall be kept clear and distinct and free from grease, dust or other blurring matter, so as to be plainly visible at all times of the day and night.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle which has a license plate frame or identification marker holder that conceals or otherwise obscures any part of any marking imprinted upon the vehicle's registration plate or any part of any insert which the director, as hereinafter provided, issues to be inserted in and attached to that registration plate or marker.

The director is authorized and empowered to issue registration plate inserts, to be inserted in and attached to the registration plates or markers described herein. They may be issued in the place of new registration plates or markers; and inscribed thereon, in numerals, shall be the year in which registration of the vehicle has been granted.

No person shall drive a motor vehicle the owner of which has not complied with the provisions of this subtitle concerning the proper registration and identification thereof, nor drive a motor vehicle which displays a fictitious number, or a number other than that designated for the motor vehicle in its registration certificate. During the period of time between the application for motor vehicle registration and the receipt of registration plates from the division, no person shall affix a plate or marker for the purpose of advertisement in the position on a motor vehicle normally reserved for the display of the registration plates required by this section if the plate or marker is designed with a combination of letters, numbers, colors, or words to resemble the registration plates required by this section.

A person convicted of displaying a fictitious number, as prohibited herein, shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $500.00 or imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 60 days.

A person violating any other provision of this section shall be subject to a fine not exceeding $100.00. In default of the payment thereof, there shall be imposed an imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 10 days. A person convicted of a second offense of the same violation may be fined in double the amount herein prescribed for the first offense and may, in default of the payment thereof, be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding 20 days. These penalties shall not apply to the display of a fictitious number.

Amended 1943,c.173; 1952,c.46,s.2; 1968,c.363,s.1; 1973,c.164; 1981,c.133,s.1; 1983,c.428; 1989,c.132,s.1; 1989,c.202,s.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread