FRPP/Boss 302 Laguna Seca 'X' Brace #M-6346612-A

Madlock

Established Member
Hope you enjoy it. Though, to be honest, for any car that's not stripe delete, I'd almost invariably chosen the contrast (stripe) color for any exposed bracing. My $.02.

Enjoy.

Carl

Established Member
X-brace install is half done. Those trim panels were a pain. Pics tomorrow after I'm done.

BREMBO12

Established Member
OP TOB..thanks for the write up......this would look tits in PW on my 2012.........great! :rockon:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
You got it B12.

Can't wait to see how Carl's turned out...

Ditto! Might send mine out for PC sooner then expected.

The only trouble I had with the trim panel was getting the 2 push pins in near the glove box

Carl

Established Member
All done!

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Beautiful!

Your panels seem to be very close in color, and the top panel seam is way cleaner looking then mine

Carl

Established Member
The color match on the panels is pretty good. The top panel seam is ok but needs a little something to make it look finished...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Whoa.

Very sharp looking Carl. Looking at that I can't help but think that a color matching 'X' brace/RSD should have been optional on these cars.

Nice work.

BREMBO12

Established Member
Whoa.

Very sharp looking Carl. Looking at that I can't help but think that a color matching 'X' brace/RSD should have been optional on these cars.

Nice work.

exactly......Ford sometimes needs to look outside of the box :D .......corporate bean counters be damned..... :bash:

Madlock

Established Member
Whoa.

Nice work.

If only it were so simple. Not only would it have compromised oe feature truly intended to be BOSS-exclusive, but you're then mucking around with other significant properties of the car like weight distribution and handling, and it's not all just plug and play upside. A decent amount of NVH gets introduced and so on. Then you're talking about a two-seater in larger numbers and the list goes on and on.

Nobody thinks more poorly of how Ford chooses to package its options than I. But, in this case, leaving it be a parts desk addition was probably the smartest move for Ford - even if other Mustang type owners' wants go unfulfilled.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I know how difficult it would have been.

All that says to me is that nobody wanted it bad enough or was willing to work hard enough to make it happen.

sdonaghey

Established Member
I purchased a used 10-12 black parcel tray off of ebay and it matches the carpet exactly. Only cost me $50 for it so I am happy now. Now I just have to get it painted Windveil Blue.

I'd contact a well known and respected upholstery shop near you and pick their brain about what they recommend...

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Nice, as long as shipping isn't astronomical I will have one next week!

Thanks for the heads up

Users who are viewing this thread