frpp filter/tune M9603-SVT07

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
from the people who have this, how much of a difference did it make in your car and have you had any problems with it? i know there are better setups for power but im looking at one because of the warranty friendly aspect. thanks in advance

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I literally drove my car home from the dealer and parked it, waited for this kit to come from Buyfordracing via UPS, and have been very happy ever since.

The fitment is perfect, and the tune is factory safe. Some call it overly conservative, but I'm fine with that. I've since made a few other shanges, changing wheel/tires along with the switch to 3.73's, and was able to use the Procal II tuner to make the necessary changes within the factory computer to accept them.

Thankfully, FRPP went the extra mile and got an EPA exemption number to keep everything legal, whereas most all others didn't.

Tob

chuckstang

Established Member
My only complaint is that some times the rpms want to hang up and not drop when you are reving the motor but this is rarely.

I spoke to FRPP and they said they didnt know but have heard of it and is common

This never happened with my Evo tune

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
chuck, did you notice a power difference between the evo tune and the ford one? tob, thanks for the info, i wish id done this but i waited 18 months and think im finally going to pull the trigger

6-Speed

Established Member
I installed the FRPP CAI/Procal tune in July 2008 - it has been problem-free for me. I did not notice a big power gain, but I'm sure there was some given it is much less restrictive than the factory air-box. The SC whine is certainly more pronounced and it improves the look of the engine bay.

FRPP_CAI_9_2008.jpg

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Can't speak of the difference as mine was shipped with the tune,etc
before I even started her up. However, I managed to run my friends completely stock 500 from a 3rd gear pull. I got him by 1-1/2 car lengths and only 1 shift so driver error eliminated

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i'm just going to get it next week and get it over with. thanks guys, ill let you know how it works out

shooter23

Established Member
its the tune for the drive by wire that is making the revs hang...

a good tuner will be able to get rid of that...besides...whats warranty?
your just going to install more parts in a short amount of time...

modding is an addiction, might as well get a good tune that you'll be happy with ;)

chuckstang

Established Member
chuck, did you notice a power difference between the evo tune and the ford one? tob, thanks for the info, i wish id done this but i waited 18 months and think im finally going to pull the trigger

Ya Evo tune was like 20 more rwhp

chuckstang

Established Member
its the tune for the drive by wire that is making the revs hang...

a good tuner will be able to get rid of that...besides...whats warranty?
your just going to install more parts in a short amount of time...

modding is an addiction, might as well get a good tune that you'll be happy with ;)

Interesting but you would think the Ford tune would def not do that

Makes you wonder if the Ford tune really is "Safer"

shooter23

Established Member
Interesting but you would think the Ford tune would def not do that

Makes you wonder if the Ford tune really is "Safer"

Really has nothing to do with "safe" or not...

Thats the drive-by-wire of these cars and the throttle bodies.

When i had a diff. TB installed, it hung for a while, so my builder (Torq Torq - South Florida Dyno Tuning and Performance Parts - Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Charger, Corvette, Viper, Diesel Trucks) had to play with the drive by wire to get rid of the hang.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Running mine with a custom tune and love it. Excellent fit and finish and strong gains over the stock box and tune.

Users who are viewing this thread