Frps?

99S_V_T

Established Member
If the frps goes bad would it still read pressure? Data logs show fuel pressure at the rail, healthy amount actually 40-60psi, but the car won't start, it has fuel and spark, but won't start, checked all fuses in the cabin and the blade fuses under the hood. Nothing. Ideas? No CEL's either

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
From my understanding a bad FRPS won't keep it from starting. The car will run like crap though.

99S_V_T

Established Member
That's what I thought to, and it reads pressure, but the car will not start at all and I have no idea why. Checked every fuse, it has spark and fuel, I'm pretty lost here :shrug:

Last edited:

99S_V_T

Established Member
interesting approach... could be MAF related i suppose. i did install a mafia to handle the increased airflow so it could be bad... any way to test those?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Did you have the car retuned after installing the MAFia? Those aren't plug and play. Adjustments need to be made.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Wrong FRPS will cause the car NOT to start....As a matter of fact everytime I blew one my car NEVER started it just cranked and cranked. A good way to check is pull a spark plug if it's covered in fuel your frps is most likely bad.

99S_V_T

Established Member
Got it figured out, had an issue getting it started originally, soaked the plugs, replaced the plugs, updated the tune and she fired right up. Thanks for the help everyone.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread