FS - 2013/14 20" Super Snake engraved wheels/tires, 3pc. Shelby Forged in The Market

spiveyb613

This is the one time that I wish my car was a darker color, so I could get these wheels from you lol. I love them, but I think the black SS wheels would look better on the GB w/black stripes.

Attachments

• GT500(1).jpg
    GT500(1).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 101

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I like the Black wheels also, it depends upon the buyer. The brighter wheels "pop" and grab attention and the darker wheels "blend in". I have bright and dark Alcoa's for my 2008 Super Snake, I like the look of both in different ways, my car is Torch Red w/Black stripes. The Dura Bright Alcoa's "pop" on my bright colored car and the Black Alcoa's blend in............but both look good in different ways.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
This is the one time that I wish my car was a darker color, so I could get these wheels from you lol. I love them, but I think the black SS wheels would look better on the GB w/black stripes.

I had posted pictures previously in this thread and I would consider Torch Red to be a "bright color", and here is a bight color with Black stripes for a comparison.

The bright wheels "pop" against the bright color and Black stripes.....

038.jpg

and then compare the same bright color car (my car) with the dark Alcoa's........yes they may have a somewhat aggressive look......but in many ways they also have a "Meh" look.......because they just blend in as "dark" in the fender well with the black tire.....

20190616-082524.jpg

R

ford fest

Established Member
Really like that photo in front of the sub station. The bright wheel is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Really like that photo in front of the sub station. The bright wheel is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bob.

After spending a few years with the Mustang Monthly and Mustangs and Fords magazine guys, I learned that good pictures of cars are cool, but "also" having an interesting landscape in the background sets the picture apart. I learned to look for good photoshoot spots when driving around doing normal daily things and document those sites for future pictures......

013-zpsrznssjzl.jpg

Behind me and unseen in the picture is a public school lunchroom rear entrance for vendor deliveries, the power sub-station is next to that public school and that location provides a nice asphalt parking lot for the photoshoot and there is no traffic there on weekend mornings before the sun comes up and makes too many shadows.

R

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks Bob.
After spending a few years with the Mustang Monthly and Mustangs and Fords magazine guys, I learned that good pictures of cars are cool, but "also" having an interesting landscape in the background sets the picture apart. I learned to look for good photoshoot spots when driving around doing normal daily things and document those sites for future pictures......
R
I do the same, keep track of spots that may net an interesting pic in the future. I knew about 1 spot for over 10 years before I used it for a shoot..

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I do the same, keep track of spots that may net an interesting pic in the future. I knew about 1 spot for over 10 years before I used it for a shoot..

One of the worst picture shots I see is when owners post pictures of their car as shown below, but the front tires are turned in the opposite direction.......

021.jpg

If in the picture above, my tires were turned to the left instead of the right.......Who wants to see and look at the tread surface of the tire?!?!? Like one of the tire store owners used to say on TV commercials down here in Tampa......"Tire's ain't pretty,.....in fact they're Ugly,... but you gotta have them...."

I would much rather show a wheel than a tire, because no, tires aren't pretty.....

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread