FS - Complete Hardtop Assy. for 94-04 Mustang/Cobra Convertible - OEM 1995 2-Top

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The items for sale and shown below are the complete 6 piece package that was the 1995 SVT Cobra Convertible Hardtop Option. For those of you who are not familiar with this one year only factory Ford option, it was $1895 on the window sticker and provided a fully insulated Hardtop w/dome light, headliner and heated rear glass option for the Cobra Convertible, 499 were built. In addition to the Hardtop assy., the parts shown below are the factory storage dolly, the two piece package tray assy. to cover the soft top while the hardtop is installed on the car, the 6 minute VCR "Hardtop Installation and Removal" tape and a NOS Hardtop Dust Cover. If you own a 1995 2-Top Cobra, you know that none of these items have been available from Ford for a number of years and are extremely hard to find, especially all of them together. If you have always wanted a Removable Hardtop for your 1994-2004 Mustang/Cobra Convertible, here is your chance to have the complete package of Rare Obsolete factory Ford Hardtop items.

I have shown the 2 piece package tray panels laid out on the floor in front of the Hardtop, and then in their storage location on the dolly behind the Hardtop. The NOS Hardtop dust cover is still sealed in its Ford package.

$2500

Picture1419-1.gif

Picture1420.gif

Picturedownload5-2-09002.gif

Picturedownload5-2-09001.gif

Thanks, Robert

Last edited:

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
Sweet deal. I'm not interested in buying, but curious. How much does that thing weigh, and how do the dome light and defroster hook up. Thanks:beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Sweet deal. I'm not interested in buying, but curious. How much does that thing weigh, and how do the dome light and defroster hook up. Thanks:beer:

The Hardtop is just under 90lbs. according to installation/removal tape.

The 1995 Cobra Convert. that was built with this option has a connector behind the rear seat that the Hardtop harness connects to. I have never owned any non-2 Top Cobra for harness comparision. The soft top rear glass is also heated, there may be this same harness on all Mustangs/Cobras?

R

SLOWNED

Established Member
I thought this thing only fit 95 hardtop/verts? IIRC the top on those cars were made slightly differently so it may not fit on other verts. Correct me if im wrong.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
The 1995 Cobra Convert. that was built with this option has a connector behind the rear seat that the Hardtop harness connects to. I have never owned any non-2 Top Cobra for harness comparision. The soft top rear glass is also heated, there may be this same harness on all Mustangs/Cobras?

R

The wiring harness from the dash back is completely different in a factory equipped conv/ht to work with the ht.

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I thought this thing only fit 95 hardtop/verts? IIRC the top on those cars were made slightly differently so it may not fit on other verts. Correct me if im wrong.

The difference is two holes that will have to be drilled at the upper portion of each A-pillar. To attach this top to a non-Hardtop equipped Mustang/Cobra, this modification will have to be done. Other than that, this roof will fit the 1994-2004 Mustang/Cobra body. I personally know of one owner who has done this mod (drill two holes) and has a factory Hardtop on his 1997 Cobra Convert. He said that if he ever decides to sell the Hardtop, he will fill and paint the two holes, and the car will look as it did before he bought the Hardtop.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
This didn't sell with the car?

I hate to sound crazy, but I owned two of the Hardtop converts at the same time...........during my time of ownership I bought spare Hardtops (as I found them) for each car. If you are a 2-Top owner, and anything gets damaged that makes the Hardtop not usable, you suddenly have a car that's value (for being a factory 2-Top) will easily drop by the amount I am asking for this complete set-up, but more realistically a few thousand more. I bought spare Hardtops, storage dolly's, etc. To me, for a rare optioned car and nothing available from Ford, it was wise to have my own spare Hardtop inventory.

This was a view at the front of my garage at one point in time..............

Picture1041.gif

One of the 2-Tops had it's Hardtop "on". The other had it's soft top up so it's Hardtop is against the back wall with the two spare Hardtops. I think it is the car in the middle that is my 1995 Cobra R.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The wiring harness from the dash back is completely different in a factory equipped conv/ht to work with the ht.

Tom

Thanks Tom.

So to get the dome light to work, in addition to the footwell lights that are on all Mustang/Cobra converts, the owner may have to tap into a wire, maybe even two, one feed and one ground. Not a big deal for most car guys.

I know that my Cobra convert. had a heated back glass in it's factory soft top, so that wiring is already there.

It is the dome light connection for this Hardtop that will need attention, if a dome light function is important to the convertible owner who has never had a dome light.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Any pictures of this on the car?

This is 1995 Cobra 2-Top #14/499 w/the Hardtop on. Ford did an excellent job of engineering a factory Ford Hardtop for the Mustang Convert., especially when you compere it to aftermarket roofs for the 1994-2004 Mustang/Cobra Convert.

Picture083.gif

Picture086-1.gif

Here is #167/499 with the "all four windows down" look............Very unique!! At first it appears to be a Coupe, the Hardtop is designed so nicely, the four windows down gives it away as being a Hardtop optioned Convertible :thumbsup:

Picture1466.gif

Picture1468.gif

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is a somewhat comparision of the 94-98 Coupe roof and the 99-04 Coupe roof......

Ford carried the roof over from the 94-98 Mustang/Cobra Coupe to the 99-04, and a Hardtop that is fitted to a 94-98, will also fit the 99-04 Convertible.

Like I said, this is not the best picture for roof comparision, but it does tell the story........

small2.gif

R

Users who are viewing this thread