FS: Crystal White '96 Cobra w/75000 miles = $7000

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
FS or Trade: Crystal White '96 Cobra w/75000 miles = $7000

The car is now for sale on eBay. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320512030111

I'm ready to get into a SN95 Cobra convertible, so I'm selling the 96 I use as a daily driver.

It's a Crystal White 1996 w/tan leather interior. It just went over 75000 miles on my way home from work just a few days ago. :)

The car is almost COMPLETELY stock, with the exception of a Fluidyne radiator, drop in K&N filter, machined face 03 Cobra wheels (17X9 all around), and Flowmasters to be welded into the stock system. (I'll throw them in the trunk for whoever buys the car.)

In the last week I:
  • Retinted the windows w/15-20% (not very dark) The two sides, quarters and the one piece rear.
  • Installed a brand new windshield (thank you truck driver on I-95)
  • Flushed and changed transmission fluid
  • Changed the plugs to NGK TR6's
  • New PCV valve
  • New Fuel Filter

For an extra $600 bucks, I'll install a set of Black Chrome 03 Cobra wheels on it. (17X9 up front with F1 275's and 17X10.5 out back with F1 315's.)

If not, I've got 17X9 03 Cobra wheels with the stock machined aluminum finish that are included at the 7000 price..

The only things the car needs are shocks/struts and a little rubber tube from the air inlet tube to the passenger side valve cover.

The paint is reasonably solid, given it's a daily driver, with only a few rock chips here and there. There are no dents or scratches on the car that I can see. (It was recently professionally detailed.)

I'm asking $7000 for the car with the aluminum 03 Cobra wheels or $7600 with the black chrome wheels.

It has a clean Carfax, too. I'm the third owner, but Carfax is showing the father and son who owned it as three owners. (Dumb, I know.)

I'll get some pics of the interior in a few minutes.

DSC05546.jpg

DSC05547.jpg

DSC05551.jpg

DSC05545.jpg

DSC05554.jpg

DSC05553.jpg

The car is currently located in South Florida, but I can ship it anywhere for a reasonable cost.

Please PM me with all interest or call/text me at 310 902 1050. :)

Thanks!
Alan

Last edited:

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
Oh, and obviously, if you have a 96-98 Cobra convertible I'd be interested in a trade plus some cash. (but let's not get crazy. LOL)

:)

My color preferences, in order are:

• Bright Atlantic Blue with any color top or interior. (hey, a guy can dream. :D )
  • White with black or tan interiors. I'd prefer a top that is any color other than white.
  • Red. (While the regular red is okay, I'd prefer Lazer red, or whatever the more maroon color is called.)
  • Pacific Green
  • Black (Aside from Yellow, which I don't want, I currently have a black cobra, so I'd rather something different.)

The interior and top combo doesn't matter to me other than white is not an option unless you're practically GIVING the car away or it's Bright Atlantic Blue. (BAB is the only one I'd take with a white top.)

Lastly, I'm not looking for a car that's been hacked up. Tasteful mods that were properly installed are welcome, but if it's a back yard hack and weld I'm not really looking for a project.

:)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
That last picture is blurry, but it's showing where a previous owner had an Autometer Monster Tach and Shift-light mounted.

I can't do anything about it, but since I love the dash rug, it's all gravy. :D

TradSkin1888

Wants A '98 Cobra
Established Member
do all the cylinders have compression and did your car have the cooling issues that the 96 Cobras were known for? im also curious if there are any other known issues with the engine/ transmission...please email me with any further [email protected]

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
Compression?

Um, I drive the car to and from work pretty much every day. Compression doesn't seem to be an issue. :D

As I mentioned in the original post of this thread: the car has a Fluidyne radiator. AFAIK, the ac condenser was replaced by Ford with the upgraded setup. (I'll go look now.)

I don't have X-ray vision, but so far as I can tell from driving it, it seems fine. No crazy noises, runs strong and pulls out into traffic cleanly.

I'll email you now.

Last edited:

Big Top GT

Jackstand Racer
Established Member
Thanks man.

For those of you who are interested, please send me a PM. The board sends me an email when you do I know to check in more often.

Between work, three kids, two dogs, and my recently in town in-laws, my personal time has been limited, at best. :)

Users who are viewing this thread