FTBR 3" Brake Cooling Kit

ruststang94

Established Member
Here are some teaser pictures of our 3" brake cooling kit for the 2015 mustang.

This kit was specifically designed for the new S-550 platform. It is a full unrestricted 3" kit that consists of 4" to 3" adapters in front. High temp 3" hose is made from Neoprene coated woven fiberglass that is Double ply with a spring steel wire and a smooth inner wall for unrestricted flow. The brake duct shields are CNC laser cut aluminum that are anodized black and comes with all hardware that is needed to install it.

This kit will be ready for sale soon.

FT 9215 Kit.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Those look pretty damn good. How tough is it to remove the stock *** lights and do you have to make any permanent alterations?

ruststang94

Established Member
Those look pretty damn good. How tough is it to remove the stock *** lights and do you have to make any permanent alterations?

Thanks,

It's a very easy system to install and there is no permanent alterations needed. We designed the kit to be completely bolt on.

Voltwings

Established Member
I've noticed on the few S550 GTs i've looked at so far that the vanes for the rotor appear to be on the front side (closest to the rim). Is that going to have an impact on the effectiveness of this mod at all?

ruststang94

Established Member
I've noticed on the few S550 GTs i've looked at so far that the vanes for the rotor appear to be on the front side (closest to the rim). Is that going to have an impact on the effectiveness of this mod at all?

Correct, it would not be very effective on the standard GT brakes because the cooling vanes are on the outside. Unless you have aftermarket rotors. This kit would be very effective on the Performance Pack because with the Brembos the rotor vanes are on the inside like normal rotors.

Voltwings

Established Member
Any idea why they moved the vanes to the outside?

Excellent product by the way, been exposed to brake ducts for quite a few platforms now and that's a nice looking piece yall have, don't mean to just come in here and thread jack ;)

ruststang94

Established Member
Any idea why they moved the vanes to the outside?

Excellent product by the way, been exposed to brake ducts for quite a few platforms now and that's a nice looking piece yall have, don't mean to just come in here and thread jack ;)

No worries and Thanks, :coolman:

We have been asking ourselves that question for a long time. "Why did they do that?" lol

My best guess is that it is easier for the air to flow into the rim from the outside into the rotor then from the inside where the backing plate and suspension is blocking most of the air flow.

Then one could ask why is the 15" rotor different?

To be honest I have no idea why Ford did this but I would be interested in hearing why they did.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I've just returned from the Auto-Bahn Country Club in Joliet, IL for the first shakedown with our 2015 Mustang in stock form.

The car did surprisingly well overall but the rear of the car felt quite squishy (for lack of a better term) without a clear defined connection of the rear suspension to the track. This is due to the vast amounts of soft rubber in the rear suspension.

One thing I noticed was how hot the front rotors would be after coming off the track. This is a standard Mustang GT without the track pack so we have the 14" rotors with the cooling vanes on the outside of the rotor. The rotors were so hot the IR thermometer could not read them. They were hotter than 540 degrees. So I hopped back in the car and drove it around the paddock for about 10 minutes and the rotors only cooled 100 degrees to about 450. I'd also like to note it was about 50 degrees yesterday and very windy.

The next session I made a point of doing two cool down laps and when I returned to the paddock the rotors were still over 500 degrees. So these rotors clearly need cooling from the inside.

We are working with one of our brake partners on a 2 pc floating rotor and hat assembly that will be cooled from the inside like a normal rotor would be cooled. These would be a perfect compliment to our brake cooling kit for people that do not have the performance pack and want to track their cars.

Stay tuned for more updates on this kit and the 2 pc rotors we will be able to offer.

ruststang94

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread