FTBR bumpsteer ?

bigmoose

Established Member
So I recently installed a set of FTBR bumpsteer tie rods. Here is a pic of the stud on the spindle. As you can see in the pic on the bottom there is a silver nut then a gold colored nylon nut. The problem here is the gold nut won't thread on enough for it to reach the nylon. Has anyone run into this before? Do I need to remove the silver nut?
4e8e477ec207e0bf575791a13854c881.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Who put the silver nut on? It shouldn't be there. I have spacers above and below the heim joint and the gold nut holding it all together.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
The silver nut is there to use while you’re setting bumpsteer. Once you have your spacer stack correct you remove the plan but and install the lock nut.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bigmoose

Established Member
The silver nut is there to use while you’re setting bumpsteer. Once you have your spacer stack correct you remove the plan but and install the lock nut.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
That's what I suspected. Thanks.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I don't even remember mine coming with the silver nut. But it's been about 3 years since I did all that work.

delly

Established Member
Big moose how did it work out? I'm in the middle of installing these also to stock size and was gonna bring it to get a alignment and let them set it up.

Users who are viewing this thread