FTBR Install and Underbody Shots

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Getting my FTBR FT 5001, FT 1860, and FT 1350M installed now. I decided to take a few pictures of the awesome job Bruce is doing on my car.

My car is a 03 Convertible with 7000 miles on it.

IMG_1238-vi.jpg
IMG_1239-vi.jpg
IMG_1240-vi.jpg
IMG_1241-vi.jpg
IMG_1247-vi.jpg

svtaddict

Established Member
ive only done the front solid differential bushings, rear delrin, brace, and 9/16 bolts on front of subframe and wow what a difference! i could not be happier with bruces products. i still want the rest of the kit but little by little it will get there

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Once I get my car back from Bruce I will be getting a full sub-frame kit installed to stiffen up the uni-body.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
When you get the car back can you tell me if you are hearing gear noises on and off the accelerator inside the cabin after the kit has been installed?

NJredfire03

Established Member
Man the underbody of your car is CLEAN! My car has been through too much salt air and salt for winter. I'll be doing the differential bushings, front and rear before spring. Best of luck man!

jrichber

browser
Established Member
Man the underbody of your car is CLEAN! My car has been through too much salt air and salt for winter. I'll be doing the differential bushings, front and rear before spring. Best of luck man!

I hear that this post made me want to scrub the bottom of my car!

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
That is because it spent the first 3000 miles of its life from 2003-2012 in a heated garage hardly ever driven. I was told a collector owned it and traded it in for a new Shelby.

When I bought it I didnt believe it myself. I made them put it on a lift and I was literally shaking cause it was a brand new car really that was 9 years old.

FYI I paid $24,000 if anybody is wondering. Only add on was Magnaflow cat back exhaust and I dont understand why the guy added it if he never drove the car.

NJredfire03

Established Member
I hear that this post made me want to scrub the bottom of my car!

seriously, i want to spend a day with my car on a lift and get that mother clean!

That is because it spent the first 3000 miles of its life from 2003-2012 in a heated garage hardly ever driven. I was told a collector owned it and traded it in for a new Shelby.

When I bought it I didnt believe it myself. I made them put it on a lift and I was literally shaking cause it was a brand new car really that was 9 years old.

FYI I paid $24,000 if anybody is wondering. Only add on was Magnaflow cat back exhaust and I dont understand why the guy added it if he never drove the car.

Thats crazy man, try to keep it that way. I never had the chance to keep it garage kept like that. FTBR though, can't beat it!

03cobraracer

Established Member
NJredfire03 i here ya man so much salt on jersey roads in the winter my car needs a scrubbing also. i wanna do the FTBR kit so bad but i gotta finish what im doing now first. but hopefully in another month or two i can order the kit.

damien256

Established Member
Nice Pics, Thanks!!

+1
I'm in the process of doing a FULL FTBR upgrade to my IRS also. Bruce and the guys over there are awesome people to deal with. I've asked lots of silly questions and they took the time to answer everyone.
Cant FREAKIN wait to get my Termi back on the road to feel the difference.
Good luck with your install OP!! Keep feeding pics, I'm especially curious how he does the drive shaft alignment.
Peace

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm especially curious how he does the drive shaft alignment.
Peace

Like your typical Terminator, when we took Mark's car apart, both the trans and the differential pointed down 2 degrees. These are not the most optimal driveline angles because driveline angles should offset each other. We are installing the FT 5001 kit in his car which includes our Delrin isolated rear diff lowering mount so getting these two angles to properly offset each other should not be a problem.

On a previous Terminator install we had identical starting points. Diff and trans both pointing down 2 degrees. That customer did not opt for the lowering mount so we were able to get his diff to zero just with our front diff mount bushing set. Combined with a couple of 1/8" shims under his trans mount, we raised his trans 1/4" and got the trans to 1 degree down. So the car came in with mismatched driveline angles off by four degrees and we were able to get them to within one degree. At that time we wanted to see how much the driveline angle could be improved without using our Delrin isolated rear diff lowering mount.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Ahhh so its your car that Bruce was telling me about driveline angles off of. Cool, im glad you came in when you did!

So how does it feel before and after?

Users who are viewing this thread