fuel filter?

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I used a lift, it's in a real tough spot for ground work. At least jack the hell out of the rear end, climb under there, and give it a shot. Good luck! E-

ucntseemeee

2003 SVT Focus
Established Member
yeah, i got under mine last weekend after i changed the oil and took a couple of looks and said screw that! you have to have the tool to remove the lines on it and the screw that holds the bracket up looks like it was hung before the filter was installed haha! dunno how to do it man, im taking mine to my mechanic to have him replace it for me when i put my new drilled/slotted rotors on next weekend

smoothy

Established Member
Its not bad.. however it is nice to have that fuel line tool to get it off, but it is not necessary to remove it, and it is easier to remove the screw. I did and I had it on a lift.

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
If you buy a fuel filter from an aftermarket Carquest type place Ive seen a bunch that came with a cheapo little tool for the fuel fittings. An extension can get right up in there and loosen that bolt on the bracket and then you should just be able to pinch the tabs with your fingers and push/pull them through the fitting. This is definately a doable weekend project with the back lifted, hell it shouldn't even take an hour

Users who are viewing this thread